• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

hot take: blake griffin will really help a team down the stretch, i think miami would be the best fit.

I think he'd be a good contributor in miami and teach Bam, Kelly, and Precious a thing or two as well as give them more time to rest.

There's a lot of action on the HS/one and done front:

"4 hours ago – via Twitter LawMurrayTheNU
Law Murray: Silver says that 25 percent of NBA players come from out of United States, promotes G-League/G-League Ignite as a paid option for some talents while league continues to discuss one-and-done rule."

"6 hours ago – via Twitter joevardon
Joe Vardon: Silver says Condoleezza Rice brought him, Michele Roberts together for discussion on changing NBA’s one-and-done rule. Said any change would/could/should be part of next collective-bargaining agreement."

"6 hours ago – via Twitter rick_bonnell
Rick Bonnell: Adam Silver says there have been additional discussions about change the draft entry back to U.S. high school players being eligible if they choose."

That's a lot of rumors for one day. Something is definitely percolating.

Embiid, Simmons out due to health+safety

NBA has to do something about these barbers.

Sucks for both of them, but mostly Joel in the quest for MVP. He also likes the spotlight a lot more than Ben.

Joel was one of the more likely All-Star MVP candidates.

Highly recommend checking out The Inside Story, the four-part documentary on Inside the NBA. Really brought together the impact the show has had on the sport, the culture, and sports broadcasting in general.

Crazy to see baby face Chris Paul with grey hairs on his beard. Glad to see him repping WSSU.

Blake Griffin to the Nets. Good move for both sides.

Last edited:
Blake to the Nets

I've been pretty impressed with Claxton the last couple weeks -- not sure where Blake's minutes come from

Lakers vs Nets seems like a safe finals bet. But the road to get there will be crazy. Really looking forward to the second half.

Crazy stat that Steph only has 2 more All-Star appearances than Giannis. Steph made his first All-Star game at 24 which is older than several current All-Stars.

maybe it’s just me but all star games are surprisingly unmemorable. the only three i can remember at all are the magic johnson comeback, the one where iverson and marbury had the crazy comeback when the east was getting disrespected and the one vince carter let wizards MJ start over him, and i think mj had a really sweet block in that game.

TNT and the NBA are still trying to make Chris Webber happen.

This team Lebron starting lineup is nuts to watch. All five guys are perfectly capable of running an offense.

maybe it’s just me but all star games are surprisingly unmemorable. the only three i can remember at all are the magic johnson comeback, the one where iverson and marbury had the crazy comeback when the east was getting disrespected and the one vince carter let wizards MJ start over him, and i think mj had a really sweet block in that game.

I said it earlier, but last year's with the Elam ending was pretty fun

starters (with Lowry swapped out for Trae) played the whole 4Q, I think -- Giannis was guarding Lebron in crunch time after a decent comeback

Marv is breathing into the mic so heavily.

Steph has shot a lot of threes today.

100-80 at the half.

That Giannis banked three to go 16/16 was hilarious. Looks like Giannis vs. Steph for MVP.

Back