• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

I don't think there's enough difference between teams for SOS to matter than much. Total number of games is a bigger issue.

Last night, McConnell, Smith Jr, and Mason Plumlee all got triple doubles. I don't remember random dudes getting triple doubles back in the day. I think it speaks to the overall skill in the league now.

ESPN's list of best dunkers from each franchise.
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30994156/from-jordan-lebron-our-experts-pick-every-nba-franchise-greatest-dunker

Man, Lebron and KD left Spida and Gobert for the last two picks. A lot of disrespect. Lebron even said for his next to last pick, "I need some size in my lineup. I'm going to pick Sabonis."

Damn Lebron. "Just like video games back in the day. We never play with Utah."

As if the Jazz didn't feel disrespected enough last night.

Last edited:
Making 21 threes on almost 50% 3P%

SMH THE DISRESPECT

Last night, McConnell, Smith Jr, and Mason Plumlee all got triple doubles. I don't remember random dudes getting triple doubles back in the day. I think it speaks to the overall skill in the league now.

ESPN's list of best dunkers from each franchise.
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30994156/from-jordan-lebron-our-experts-pick-every-nba-franchise-greatest-dunker

Man, Lebron and KD left Spida and Gobert for the last two picks. A lot of disrespect. Lebron even said for his next to last pick, "I need some size in my lineup. I'm going to pick Sabonis."

Damn Lebron. "Just like video games back in the day. We never play with Utah."

As if the Jazz didn't feel disrespected enough last night.

Shawn Kemp was such a prolific dunker he is listed despite the franchise no longer existing.

then how do you explain the Jazz having the best record in the NBA? It ain't cause of chucker Mitchell or old man Conley.....

Certainly helps to have four guys shooting > 40% from 3

Gobert is definitely elite at a few things but his game is not all that fun to watch

i was struck by how Baron Davis, a 6'3 guard, was on at least 3 teams' lists.

RE: Wiz- John Wall couldn't carry Gus Johnson's jock.

It's kinda weird that franchises as old as the Kings and Pistons really don't have a real high flying dunker. I might have put Tom Chambers and Mayor KJ over Amar'e.

Gobert is overrated

say more -- i haven't watched much jazz bc why would anyone but my thought is with plama -- can't imagine they'd be this good (esp. on defense given their pretty small team) if gobert weren't legit

I think he's a good team defender, but he's not elite as a one-on-one guy against good bigs

look at some of the stats good opposing centers put up against him in 2020-21:

Embiid: 40 and 19
Vucevic: 34 and 8
Giannis and Lopez: 29/15 and 23/6 respectively (don't know which was his primary responsibility, but both above their averages)
Jokic: 47 and 12
Jokic again: 35 and 14

and all the above except for Lopez (8-18) on above 50% shooting

he hasn't faced AD yet this season either

I heard this during a game this week: who would you guess leads the league in getting their shot blocked?

So Mitchell is going to win MVP, right? He's a scorer. He's got plenty of motivation in a game with guys who won't be motivated. His coach is managing the rotation.

Does anyone know how many dunks Blake Griffin has done, let’s say in the past year or two?

Is it Zion?

it is Zion

related, I also saw a stat in a different game that he averages like 19.5 points in the paint per game, which is also leading the league by a good bit -- that feels really high historically, especially in recent history

having a bit of a hard time tracking down season paint points per game stats though

did find this old tweet for some context

Back