• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

Gordon Hayward broke a bone in his shooting hand. Dude is snakebitten. No, wait, his snake bite is scheduled for next pre-season

LOL.

"If they have multiple days off, everybody knows: James is going to fly somewhere else and party. But he's going to come back and have a 50-point triple-double, so they're OK with it." Member of Houston's 2019-20 coaching staff

Pretty much. I'm trying to figure out a team where Harden could get his on and off the court, not piss off his teammates, and win a championship. I don't see it. He'd make a lot of teams better. But there aren't many teams that could work with him and contend for a championship. He could play for the Clips and Kawhi and PG could play more off the ball, but could they make it work with three privileged stars? The Heat would be a good basketball fit IF Harden was willing to do the work Riley requires. Then you've got the Sixers.

Morey commented that the Sixers won't trade Simmons for Harden.

I’ve seen what I need to see of the Morey-Doc Sixers. Gonna win a title. Lebron ain’t got shit on Shake Milton.

No extension for John Collins. He’ll be a restricted FA next offseason. This, plus other Hawks moves, seem to indicate they don’t necessarily want him around long term.

They don’t want to pay him a max extension. If he gets last year’s numbers and they make the playoffs they’ll pay up.

Silver said that the NBA is considering expansion in part to get over the financial hurdles from the pandemic. Obviously expansion would bring back the Seattle Supersonics. The largest media market without an NBA team is Tampa-St. Pete (#12) which is slightly bigger than Seattle (#13). Tampa is currently hosting the Raptors at Amalie Arena (Lightning home ice). After that is St. Louis (#23), Pittsburgh (#24), and Baltimore (#26). Does Vancouver want back in? Any interest in Mexico City?

Last edited:
Season starts tonight, here are the NBA win totals for the season (72 game season):

Bucks; 49½

Lakers; 46½

Clippers; 45½

Nets; 45½

76ers; 45½

Celtics; 44½

Nuggets; 44½

Heat; 44½

Mavericks; 42½

Jazz; 42½

Raptors; 42½

Trail Blazers; 41½

Pacers; 39½

Suns; 38½
Warriors; 36½

Pelicans; 35½

Hawks; 35½

Rockets; 33½

Wizards; 32½

Grizzlies; 32½

Magic; 31½

Bulls; 30½

Spurs; 29½

Timberwolves; 28½
Kings; 28½

Hornets; 26½

Knicks; 23½

Pistons; 22½

Cavaliers; 22½

Thunder; 22½

Who do you like?

I like Pacers over 39.5, Suns over 38.5, Nets under 45.5, Clippers under 45.5, Cavs under 22.5

I think I like the over on the Nugs, Jazz, Warriors, & Spurs and very close on the Hornets. Under on Knicks, Kings, Wizards,

All of those are really blind guesses as I haven’t paid attention to the off-season or preseason really. Crazy that the season is already starting.

Go for the under on the Sixers. It'll take Doc a while to get that mess right.

Wanted to take the Lakers under because LeBron will sit out often this year with the compressed schedule, but think the Lakers made solid moves and are deeper this year. Had to back off. FWIW, seems like a lot "on-line experts" are on the Hawks under.

The Lakers will be fine. Really like getting Kuzma with the last fantasy pick. I think between Lebron and AD sitting out and playing fewer minutes, he’s going to put up the strong numbers he’d be have on a different team.

Unreasonably excited about this season. Not even bc the Sixers are contenders. Just the best league is back.

Back