• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

you really like these Heat jerseys, townie?

their first city jersey I don’t like

Beal with 60 tonight vs. Sixers and Hayward with 41 so far against the Hawks.

Still a reasonably comfortable win for the Sixers (though they did blow a 21 point lead at one point). Beal is stuck in such a bad spot. The Wizards still suck so much.

Fuck James Harden...trade for Beal...

Seriously, I wonder where Beal will end up.

I certainly don’t want to make this thread political but I gotta give it to the NBA and to the TNT studio crew for their coverage of yesterday’s events at the Capitol. They gave a more balanced and thoughtful set of political convictions than I heard on CNN or anywhere else. I really am happy to be a fan of a sport where players are applauded and celebrated for kneeling at the anthem and for speaking out after the games instead of getting kicked out of the league and fined.

I missed the coverage yesterday between following the news and trying to watch the UVa game. I caught up on some of it today on ESPN. I completely agree, Townie. The NBA players, coaches, and media are top notch and have really stepped up to address these issues.

I was really impressed with how the Bucks and Pistons chose to make their statement:

Last second shots never get old. Jokic buries a long 2 to send it to overtime.

Another area where the NBA was well ahead of the game is women referees. They hired Violet Palmer back in 1997 and it was a big deal. She retired in 2016 and it wasn't. Now there are five women referees in the NBA and it feels like most games any given night have a woman on the crew. There are 20 in the G-League pipeline.

Frustrated by MY NUGS this season. Part of the problem is Porter, Jr being out for quarantine. He was out 7 days and now he's out another 10 days. It also seems like Murray and the young bubble stars (Mitchell, Luka) are having trouble coming out of the gate.

Last edited:
Good read. I enjoy The Athletic, especially their Hawks reporting. Three things:

1. Collins is going to get max money somewhere. His contract is more of a Hawks problem than his problem.
2. Few teams changed their roster more than the Hawks over the last year. With that change came an infusion of veteran talent to work with the young talent. Pierce has a major challenge of figuring out his lineups especially to close games. That lineup will have Young and Collins regardless. I've watched the end of most of the Hawks game and they're not consistent late, but it's early and I don't expect them to be.
3. Young has to figure out how to lead a good team and not just put up a ton of shots for a bad team.

Sixers #1 defense crumbled a bit the last two games. It is very early so the rankings don't matter much but the points per 100 possessions allowed numbers were extremely encouraging until the Wiz and Nets. Considering they have one of the best combinations of perimeter and interior defense in the league, along with a PG leading the league in steals and top 25 in blocks, they should be an elite defense. Still ways to beat this team, especially when they aren't scoring. Seth Curry going out with COVID is no good; really hope it didn't spread to the team at all. Should be some good tests the rest of January to see if the hot start is sustainable.

Athletic is reporting a rift between Jon Collins and Trae Young: https://theathletic.com/2307304/2021/01/08/atlanta-hawks-john-collins-trae-young/

I could go either way on this, so I'm a little worried as a Hawks fan. Seems like the problem is that both Collins and Young have never played on a team with this many scoring options, and they are both struggling to adapt. I think it's very possible that what's going on is no more than healthy growing pains and things will be fine.

But if Trae's response to John was primarily in how he played against the Hornets, there's a huge problem. Trae was overtly unselfish in that game, as he only took 9 shots, most of which were late in the game, and it was to the point where it probably cost the Hawks the game. John's complaint sounds like it's that Trae takes mediocre to bad shots before they even run an offense, and if Trae heard that as John saying he shoots too much this could go south, particularly with John still wanting a max contract.

Capela supposedly spoke up and made an interesting comparison between Harden/Dwight Howard and this situation. I think there's enough vets on this team to get the Trae/John through this, but it might be interesting to watch.

I like Big Shot Rob on TV. He's very personable, gets to the point and is funny.

Also, if rings are so important, he's better than Jordan.

LaMelo is two assists short of a triple-double.

LaMelo is two assists short of a triple-double.

He’s going to be good. I was skeptical, but he’s been impressive. Shooting is iffy and defense will always be a question, but he’s a playmaker.

12/11/9 with 3:43 left. He'd be the youngest player to get a triple-double.

If Lonzo was better, this could be the Venus vs. Serena of the NBA.

Tyrese Maxey had 39 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals, and just 2 turnovers. He’s good!

Bradley Beal is out for contact tracing due to close game contact with Jayson Tatum who tested positive.

12/11/9 with 3:43 left. He'd be the youngest player to get a triple-double.

If Lonzo was better, this could be the Venus vs. Serena of the NBA.

22/12/11 tonight.

The way Covid is making its way through the NBA I'm wondering how many of us will be suiting up for our hometown teams.

So Sixers have to play with 7 but Celtics don’t? Seems fair.

Back