• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

Lowe was talking up Blake to Milwaukee which seems like a remote chance but potentially fun

Lowe was talking up Blake to Milwaukee which seems like a remote chance but potentially fun

The guy hasn't dunked in a game in almost two years. On top of that, he has a player option at $38.9M next year. There's no way he's giving up that much money.

Glad Nate McMillan got to replace Pierce. It was a travesty he got fired from Indy. The Hawks become a no cry zone with him on the bench.

Capela with 17 boards, 7 offensive boards tonight. He leads the NBA with 14.1 rebounds per game, including leading the NBA with 4.9 offensive rebounds per game. Nobody is particularly close in either category.

Hawks win and hold the Heat to 80 points in first game without Pierce.*

*Heat with no Jimmy Butler

It’s pretty amazing the Capela has been putting up those ridiculous stats for years and he’s not even close to an all-star. Hasn’t sniffed all-defense either.

Didn't get to watch Spurs-Hawks because my kids wanted me to play Super Mario 3D with them. I'll donk up the thread with some tantalizing Luka Samanic G-League highlights. 20/17/6 in his first game. 23/10 yesterday.

Less than 3 weeks later, Luka Samanic had 14 pts, 7 reb, 1 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk on 5-7 fg (3-5 3pt) in 20 min tonight vs. the Knicks. He had most of that before garbage time. He had 4 turnovers but at least two were charges while making a good aggressive drive to the basket. He did his damage just hitting open jumpers and cutting to the basket. He played surprising good defense as well. Locked up Randle a few times. He's mostly been playing SF in lineups with Lyles (18/5) and Poeltl, but I think he played some at the 4 today.

Good short-handed win coming after a short-handed OT loss to the Nets. The Spurs lineup of the future is coming together. Six players in double-figures today, four more with 8 or 9 and DeRozan only had 10. This squad should only be stronger once White, Vassell, and LMA come back. If the Spurs can pull off a full rebuild and make the playoffs, that would be amazing.

It's nice to have some youth that can handle back to back games.

Getting out of the play-in bracket would be a real accomplishment, but they don't have a big margin to work with.

Official 2020-21 NBA Season Thread - Hawks fire Lloyd Pierce

40 games in 68 days. 4th hardest schedule. Finally some national TV games. Going to be fun to watch regardless.

Every player who played tonight except for DeRozan and Mills is 25 years old or younger. I didn’t realize Lyles was that young.

Speaking of no margin for error, I told y’all the Nuggets were fine. Beat the Bucks by 31 in Milwaukee.

Last edited:
TJ McConnell has 10 pts, 4 reb, 9 ast, 9 stl with 2:14 left in the 3rd.

TJ McConnell has 10 pts, 5 reb, 11 ast, 9 stl with :35 left in the 3rd.

Keep an eye on this. Could be one of the most unexpected stat lines in NBA history.

TJ McConnell finished with 16 pts, 4 reb, 13 ast, 10 stl.

Picked up Dennis Smith Jr in fantasy and he's got a 10/10/10 triple double with 3 steals. Good to see he seems to be doing well with the Pistons.

Last edited:
I completely missed how the Jazz tied that up. They got screwed on that out of bounds call and then all of a sudden it was tied.

40 and 10 games
Joel Embiid : 5
Rest of the league combined: 4

I completely missed how the Jazz tied that up. They got screwed on that out of bounds call and then all of a sudden it was tied.

Apparently the OOB play the ball hit an official? I didn’t really get it.

Bench was good tonight including some amazing minutes from Dwight

But the fourth quarter and OT defense was just incredible

Toby took over the fourth too

Fun win, especially when your opponent hits 15 more threes than you

That call to send Embiid to the line in OT was absolutely horrible

Tobi was killing it but weird to see the Sixers run zero plays for Embiid in OT

Which one? The one that got Mitchell the T? After two offensive boards? Eh, some horrible missed calls throughout.

Apparently the OOB play the ball hit an official? I didn’t really get it.

Yeah. That makes sense.

That call to send Embiid to the line in OT was absolutely horrible

Tobi was killing it but weird to see the Sixers run zero plays for Embiid in OT

Agreed and agreed. Guess Embiid is that much bigger of a star that Gobert. That’s the benefit of having a big 3 that includes a guy who can score efficiently from anywhere.

Glad to see Mitchell get tossed. He stood up for his teammates on some bad calls.

Back