• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

I'm more excited to watch the Rockets now, now if only boogie would stop getting thrown out of games (Narrator: He wouldn't ever stop getting thrown out of games)

Absurd return for Houston. I don’t see how this doesn’t blow up in the Nets face though. Don’t see those three coexisting.

Would be extremely sad to get traded from Brooklyn to Cleveland. Yuck.

Absurd return for Houston. I don’t see how this doesn’t blow up in the Nets face though. Don’t see those three coexisting.

well there's only 2 of em now, one doesn't show up to play

Why? If the Nets are good, those picks are shit. Oladipo is nice but Exum and the other guy are scrubs. I can only think the Sixers decided to not make a real offer.

oh shit, Rockets got Victor Oladipo? Thats a fuckin haul and a half.

Official 2020-21 NBA Season Thread - Harden to the Nets for 4 picks

oh shit, Rockets got Victor Oladipo? Thats a fuckin haul and a half.

Flipped Levert for Oladipo. Unreal. Now they have a great backup of healthy and a very good young big in Wood. And they’ve got a ton of assets. They went from kind of a dead end franchise with a disgruntled star to at least a playoff contender.

Last edited:
If that’s all the pacers got for Oladipo, I think I would’ve done that over trading for Harden.

Responding to RJ - those picks in 2024, '26, swap in '25, '27 could be very valuable. No way in hell that Nets big 3 co-exists for 3 more seasons. Unless you're the Miami Heat, teams suck after their window closes.

If that’s all the pacers got for Oladipo, I think I would’ve done that over trading for Harden.

Oladipo is a free agent after the season, and he is not re-signing. Also, Oladipo has missed a ton of games over this season and last, when he has not played Indiana is 36-20. When he has played, they are 16-16. Also, LaVert can play, and he is under contract for the next two years after this one. Think the deal makes sense for the Pacers, who are under the radar, but can play.

Responding to RJ - those picks in 2024, '26, swap in '25, '27 could be very valuable. No way in hell that Nets big 3 co-exists for 3 more seasons. Unless you're the Miami Heat, teams suck after their window closes.

First of all Oladipo is a total FA after this season. It's a very good chance he won't be in Houston after this year.

Even if only two of the three get along, those picks will never be a lottery pick. It's highly unlikely any of those picks will be above #20.

It's more than possible that all Houston will end of with is three picks in the 20s. This is a terrible trade unless they have already extended Oladipo. If does extend, it's a mediocre trade.

The Sixers must have bowed out.

Oladipo is a free agent after the season, and he is not re-signing. Also, Oladipo has missed a ton of games over this season and last, when he has not played Indiana is 36-20. When he has played, they are 16-16. Also, LaVert can play, and he is under contract for the next two years after this one. Think the deal makes sense for the Pacers, who are under the radar, but can play.

Fair. I just think KD, Kyrie, Vic have a much better shot of working out and imagine that Brooklyn would have a very good shot at resigning him.

First of all Oladipo is a total FA after this season. It's a very good chance he won't be in Houston after this year.

Even if only two of the three get along, those picks will never be a lottery pick. It's highly unlikely any of those picks will be above #20.

It's more than possible that all Houston will end of with is three picks in the 20s. This is a terrible trade unless they have already extended Oladipo. If does extend, it's a mediocre trade.

The Sixers must have bowed out.

How do you feel so certain about the Nets status 3-4-5 years from now? Golden State won a championship in 2018 and drafted 2nd in 2020. Cleveland went to the finals in 2017 and had the worst record in 2018. I could keep going. Seems foolhardy to have confidence in the Nets 4-5 years from now.

How do you feel so certain about the Nets status 3-4-5 years from now? Golden State won a championship in 2018 and drafted 2nd in 2020. Cleveland went to the finals in 2017 and had the worst record in 2018. I could keep going. Seems foolhardy to have confidence in the Nets 4-5 years from now.

He's RJ.

FWIW, here are the NBA leaders in "win shares" (a statistical estimate of the number of wins contributed by the player:

1. Jokic
2. Embid
3. Middleton
4. AD
5. CJ McCollum
6. Brogdon
7. Vucevic
8. Jarrett Allen
9. LeBron
10. Beal

Here are the top 10 players in points contributed to his team over a replacement player :

1. Jokic
2. Vucevic
3. Embid
4. McCollum
5. Kyrie
6. AD
7 KD
8. Chris Boucher (who?)
9. Brandon Ingraham
10. Paul George

The Warriors had season ending injuries from two Hall of Famers at the same time in a shortened season.

You can't be serious about trying to compare the Cavs losing Lebron and having nothing else to KD, Harden and Kyrie.

The NBA is a boom or bust league for the vast majority of NBA franchises, and now that the talent is balancing out between the conferences, there's going to be a lot less margin for mediocrity in the East than their has been in the past 15 years when bad East teams made the playoffs at .500. Maybe the Nets hold onto KD or Kyrie, but no way they can afford all those players on max deals, with no draft assets to trade, for an extended run. Starting today, the Nets window is 3 years tops IMO, and they'll have to trade at least one of those dudes to rebuilt their team.

Back