• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

That really sucks. The Nugs were my top sleeper Finals pick (to the extent that the likely MVP and last year’s WC semis team can be a sleeper). The Nugs have nobody who can replace Murray. Campazzo is a fun backup in the JJ Berea mode but that’s it.

There is no more erratic team in the NBA than the Wizards. Last night, they beat the Jazz in Salt Lake. The Jazz had won 22 straight home games. With that win, the Wizards have swept the team with the best record in the NBA -- Jazz. The also have swept the Nuggets (when they had Murray). The Wiz have two wins over the Nets, and have beaten the Clippers, Lakers and Suns. The Wizards are the only team in the NBA to win road games at Utah, Denver, the Lakers (with LeBron) and the Nets. If the Wizards play an elite team, they often win. The Wizards have also somehow lost to Detroit twice (one by 29), Orlando (twice), Sacramento, OKC, depleted Toronto and Houston among other tanking teams. If the Wizards get in the playoffs, they have the guards and the explosiveness to cause trouble, but they clearly don't have the mindset to string wins together.

Last edited:
Playoffs just got less exciting. That sucks.

If you’ve ever wondered what a team with an elite backcourt and not much else would look like, that’s the Wizards.

Yet another reason to be excited about young players.

Dort had 42/7/3 and 4 stl vs. the Jazz including 7 3pt. Second only to KD for most points scored by a Thunder player before turning 22. Very impressive for an undrafted second year player in his 2nd game back from injury.

The Thunder already have a good young backcourt. They have young wings and bigs with potential. And they have 34 picks.

Last edited:
The injuries in this compressed season are really detracting from the NBA's product. They should really just pause the season and standings after like 60 games, then take a break for guys to get healthy and roll with the playoffs as originally scheduled.

Went to the Laker-Hornets game last night. The Lakers were missing AD, Lebron, Gasol, Dudley, and whichever Morris bro they have. The Hornets were missing LaMelo, Hayward, Monk, Rozier, and PJ Washington. Why should either of the remaining cast of characters decide playoff positions for either team or anyone else in the league? Caleb Martin versus Horton-Tucker should impact playoff positions? Obviously injuries are part of sports, but in a normal schedule. They need to either uncompress the schedule or give a playoff delay for teams to get back to normal, otherwise everything about this season is tainted.

is the lamelo wrist fracture down to a compressed schedule? or gordon hayward being a lemon? or washington and monk landing wrong and spraining ankles? feels to me like only rozier is a case for overuse.

There have been a lot of injuries this season and games where both teams are missing multiple stars. It’s a let down for the few fans who get to go.

I agree, I just don't buy the plan to pause the season til some fictional time where it's super fair all around and everyone gets healthy and seeding counts again. The plan is to compress this season so we can get back to normal next season. As few asterisks as possible on the NBA titles list.

And I do genuinely question how many injuries are due to a compressed schedule vs just normal injuries but games are happening more frequently so it seems like more.

Sixers have traditionally been one of the more injury bitten teams in the NBA and have gone fairly unscathed this season. Seems like looking at the injury report across the league right now there are a handful of teams that are pretty snakebitten and some that have no injuries but the rest seem about average.

I agree with that.

is the lamelo wrist fracture down to a compressed schedule? or gordon hayward being a lemon? or washington and monk landing wrong and spraining ankles? feels to me like only rozier is a case for overuse.

I would argue that Hayward, Washington, and Monk are all direct results of the compressed schedule in addition to Rozier. All three landed on someone's foot and sprained their foot/ankle. If you aren't playing 4 games in 6 days, your ankles aren't as tired and in a normal situation they probably walk all those off. To me, LaMelo is really the only one not attributable to the compressed schedule.

A loaded team with the roster and ref advantages can manage their loads to mitigate it to a degree. The teams fighting for their playoff positions cannot, and are going to have more injuries.

You don't think Jamal Murray's ACL tear is a direct result of going from the extended bubble play straight into the compressed schedule? An overworked ligament subjected to a wrong turn is basically the recipe for a tear.

Landing on people can injure you no matter what you donk

The Nets are scared of getting injured and also *checks notes* the refs? so they’re resting half their team against the Sixers tonight

Landing on people can injure you no matter what you donk

Yeah no shit Sherlock, and landing on people when you have sore/tired legs is more likely to injure you than landing on people with stronger rested legs. Hence why the main part of rehab is strengthening the muscle around the injured area.

the Hornets get a little bit of optimism and 2&2 goes from trolling to whiny in no time

Back