• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

Don’t want to argue this point with RJ but curious what others thoughts are. Why is Sabonis labeled as being such a great passing big man. I peaked at his pre-NBA career numbers and his assists never seemed that high. I suppose for some of the difference in aggregate stats you can say is due to different era, but 2 assists/game?

Is this a Jeter type thing (eye test vs numbers) or something I’m missing?

think a lot of it was the novelty of what he was doing at the time, and the quality of the passes over the quantity

also why would you read the rj thread

I don’t know man...occasionally the titles grab my attention and can’t not look.

Yeah. Sometimes the last post preview on Tapatalk is interesting and I check it by mistake. I’ve posted before and realized my mistake and deleted it.

As far as Sabonis, what Townie said. Bigs weren’t expected to be elite passers and shooters back then. Jokic is the upgrade of Sabonis. It’s an apt comparison.

Hawks Nets game was fun. Hawks did a good job of forcing someone other than Kyrie to beat them for 3 quarters, but he absolutely took over at the end. It was a high scoring game, but a lot of the offense involved shots that no amount of good defense was going to slow down. That would be a really fun playoff series.

Agreed. I caught the second half. It was my first time watching the Hawks this year. I was impressed. Rondo and Bogdanovich in the second unit is a huge plus. Reddish, Huerter, and Hunter are nice complementary players. It's going to be fun watching this squad gel. JC with his first big game of the season (30/10).

Agreed. I caught the second half. It was my first time watching the Hawks this year. I was impressed. Rondo and Bogdanovich in the second unit is a huge plus. Reddish, Huerter, and Hunter are nice complementary players. It's going to be fun watching this squad gel. JC with his first big game of the season (30/10).

Having a real PG (Rondo) run the second unit has been incredible. Being able to score without Trae on the floor was a huge problem last year, and that shouldn’t be an issue anymore.

There’s still a ways to go in learning how to best utilize Reddish and Hunter to hide Trae on defense, but that’s clearly the plan and I think reasonable success can be achieved that way.

Current standings Are wild.

Mia, mil , tor, por, dal, den, hou all out of the playoffs if season ended today

Every game is much more important than usual in a 72 game season.

I feel bad for the Grizz. They’re basically doomed without JJJ and Ja.

Went to Knicks-Raptors last night. Having NBA basketball 35 minutes away could get addictive. Knicks had one of the worst shooting nights I’ve ever seen. 3-36 from deep. Julius Randle’s body and game transformation is impressive. Love watching VanVleet.

First live sporting event I’ve attended during the pandemic. They were pretty good about masks but there were some people who basically drank nonstop to get around the rules. Seating was spaced out. There were two women two rows in front of us and two people on the other side of our row. One of the women in front of us was an drunk older woman who kind of looked like a Ashley Judd in 20 years. She wore a Kentucky basketball shirt and a short skirt and yelled anytime Noel, Randle, or Knox did anything in the first half.

Every game is much more important than usual in a 72 game season.

I feel bad for the Grizz. They’re basically doomed without JJJ and Ja.

Playing the Hornets is always a nice antidote

Of course the Sixers will probably drop the next two against them this week

Sounds like Pop is trying to set the stage for Becky Hammon to replace him with the Spurs.

Had no idea until this that the Martin twins were in the NBA much less both on the Hornets.

Back