Page 17 of 79 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2020-21 NBA Season Thread - LaVine gets 50! Tatum gets 53!

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever

Official 2020-21 NBA Season Thread - Harden to the Nets for 4 picks

Yeah. Theyíve got a lot of bigs. Heís behind a few of them. He barely got run when Blake Griffin was out a few games.

I was messaging with a friend last night about the Nets. One thing he said explained why I not optimistic about the Nets and I shouldnít have been about the Clippers last year. He said he didnít think the Nets had the front office strength to pull off that trade and line up the contracts. But I donít think they have the organizational culture to win with that mix.

Then I started thinking how many good organizations there are that youíd trust them to win with the top talent. Raptors, Heat, Warriors, Spurs, and Jazz came to mind first. The Lakers seemed to have addressed their organizational conflicts and got Lebron. Then youíve got consistently solid franchises like the Pacers, Thunder, and Blazers who never seem to have drama and usually have competitive teams despite turnover.
    Last edited by PhDeac; 01-16-2021 at 10:18 AM.

Clippers front office is like the best in the league now with great ownership & Jerry West.

Looking at some stats, and the Lakers are gonna be pretty tough to beat if both KCP And Alex Caruso stay #2 and #4 in 3PT% at 58% and 55%, respectively.

The stuff that came out about Kawhi and PG getting star treatment in house negates that.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    The stuff that came out about Kawhi and PG getting star treatment in house negates that.
    Fair enough

I keep seeing KCP show up as one of the best fantasy FAs and I shake my head. That Lakers squad will be far beyond the rest of the league in the playoffs if they stay healthy.

the lakers are coasting, experimenting with lineups, and dominating. pretty scary team. shaking up a team after a championship is counterintuitively super useful. the new guys are super fired up and happy to be there and keeps the energy on the team up.

i think the nets thing will be a disaster, they won't come out of the east.

Itís bad timing to try to build a super team thatís probably going to get stonewalled by the Lakers. Not much of a choice for KD and Harden though. Really hope the Spurs can get some assets for Aldridge and DeRozen to help facilitate a run in 3-5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Itís bad timing to try to build a super team thatís probably going to get stonewalled by the Lakers. Not much of a choice for KD and Harden though. Really hope the Spurs can get some assets for Aldridge and DeRozen to help facilitate a run in 3-5 years.
    The Lakers aren't that scary to build against because AD isn't exactly the most durable guy in the world

They donít need him to be durable during the regular season and maybe not even for more than 4 or 5 games in a series.

the rox are playing some serious randos. mason jones, jaesean tate, kj martin, david nwaba, rodions kurucs. wtf

seriously, I donít know who any of these guys are

when is Dipo joining the team?

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    Nets should trade Kyrie
    3 teamer for westbrook and ibaka

Iím in for that. The Brooklyn Thunder. Harden with 32/12/14/4/1.

Caris Levert out because the physical found a mass on his kidney. But the trade went through.

Banhammer'd
    Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    Nets should trade Kyrie
    If you think being a pain in the ass while playing near where he grew up, his family still lives and is on the team he begged to help create, how much more of an asshole do you think he'll be if he's traded?

Will the GM and coach of Kyrie's new team get a raise and personal psychologists?

Shake Milton is so good.

Turnovers still a huge issue for this team tho. Gotta find a way to win without Embiid.

Banhammer'd
    With the emergence of Milton and Maxey, I wonder if the Sixers might be looking to trade Danny Green. If so a possible landing place could by the Blazers. They could use a bench 3 & D and would love his expiring contract. Maybe they could bring Covington back to Philly. The Blazers would have to include another contract (Giles/Simons). The Sixers could add a second round pick.

This could help both teams.

NBA to enforce rules forbidding hugs, handshakes with midcourt security: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...court-security

just so fucking stupid from a league that usually gets the small stuff right

welcome to biden's america
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

Collin Sexton is good