Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2020-21 NBA Season Thread - All-Star "Weekend" on March 7

We just watched a superstar force a trade so I'm not sure it's easy to assume anyone will be playing for a specific team or that that team will be really good 4 years from now.
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TenaciousKory View Post
    He's RJ.
    The day you know or understand 1% of what I do about basketball I'd commit suicide. You are are out of your league.

really have to hand it to kyrie playing unhinged to keep houston from demanding him in the trade

Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    Oladipo is a free agent after the season, and he is not re-signing. Also, Oladipo has missed a ton of games over this season and last, when he has not played Indiana is 36-20. When he has played, they are 16-16. Also, LaVert can play, and he is under contract for the next two years after this one. Think the deal makes sense for the Pacers, who are under the radar, but can play.
    Hell, even Pilch and I agree on this. You don't trade a Hall of Famer and the most valuable asset you get back will likely not be with your team next year.

Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    The day you know or understand 1% of what I do about basketball I'd commit suicide. You are are out of your league.
    alright going back on mute buddy

The Warriors had season ending injuries from two Hall of Famers at the same time in a shortened season.

You can't be serious about trying to compare the Cavs losing Lebron and having nothing else to KD, Harden and Kyrie.
    The Nets will have their own circumstances and coincidences which break up their super team, that's what happens to super teams. All three of those dudes contracts are up in 2023 btw
    Draxx them sklounst

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    When I started this thread, I honestly didn't consider that we'd have a returning poster who would argue against the virtue of pick swaps. Geez.

At the very least, the Rockets go into even years with an extra pick and odd years with a chance of getting a better pick.
    Last edited by PhDeac; 01-13-2021 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TenaciousKory View Post
    alright going back on mute buddy
    You insulted me. I was kind to you.

Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    The Nets will have their own circumstances and coincidences which break up their super team, that's what happens to super teams. All three of those dudes contracts are up in 2023 btw
    I understand, but some may be renewed or traded. The odds ANY of those picks are Top 10 are VERY, VERY low given what the Nets have.

You don't even address getting a rental player back for a Hall of Famer.

This is a terrible trade for Houston.

I mean, 2025 & 2027 are so far away dude. No way KD is still playing and no telling on the other two

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuck95 View Post
    I mean, 2025 & 2027 are so far away dude. No way KD is still playing and no telling on the other two
    But you have to think they with huge amounts of cap space, they won't replace them even decent players to believe those are valuable picks. Plus, you have to think those drafts will be good. What if the drafts are bad or even average.

It's one thing if the draft picks are the cherries on top of something, but if they are the key to defining trade, you'd better be damn sure they will be good. If they could have gotten back picks from multiple historically bad teams, you'd have a better chance at making them good. Having only picks from a team that will have been in the playoffs for several years in a row is not a good thing,

Barring catastrophic injuries, the Nets will have several good years in a row, owners who are willing to spend, are in the #1 media market country. Add to that if Steve Nash is a decent coach, he'll attract players and he's young and universally liked in the game.

On top of that, the best piece of the trade is a rental player, who get injured a lot.

This is a bad, bad trade. The only thing I can think of is the Sixers backed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    FWIW, here are the NBA leaders in "win shares" (a statistical estimate of the number of wins contributed by the player:

1. Jokic
    2. Embid
    3. Middleton
    4. AD
    5. CJ McCollum
    6. Brogdon
    7. Vucevic
    8. Jarrett Allen
    9. LeBron
    10. Beal

Here are the top 10 players in points contributed to his team over a replacement player :

1. Jokic
    2. Vucevic
    3. Embid
    4. McCollum
    5. Kyrie
    6. AD
    7 KD
    8. Chris Boucher (who?)
    9. Brandon Ingraham
    10. Paul George
    What’s the time frame here? These advanced stats rely on sample size to have value.

Moving on,
    Draxx them sklounst

Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    Moving on,
    Good pick up!

man given what i’d expect was not a ton of leverage for houston, the nets gave up a shit ton

It’s sort of like we get to see what it would have been like had KD, Harden, and Russ stuck together

Big dick energy! Wow you really are the most humblest

For reference.

I think we are in a better position going forward with Danny than UVA is with their style of play. The best kids don't want to play slowly.

Bennett will have a great career at UVA but has a lower ceiling in postseason.

Scooter Banks
    NYC strippers are rejoicing tonight
    le bone

Scooter Banks

This shit is the worst part of the NBA. I'm not interested in the soap opera BS. Whining and quitting your way into a Big 3 makes for a lame sport. Hopefully, the NFL does it's best to make this kind of thing a rare occurrence. We'll see with Watson, I guess.