• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

Christian Wood has a slight likeness to Scottie Pippen

Yeah I see it.

Man. Short-handed Nets won last night and short-handed Rockets win tonight. Both on the road. Good to see guys stepping up when they get their chance. Disappointing game for the Spurs.

Christian Wood drives on LMA, Poeltl comes over to help and blocks Wood's shot.

So, Popovich takes out Poeltl. Not as bad as taking out Duncan...

Wood proceeds to destroy LMA over the final 2:53 of the game, and other random dudes like DeSean Tate drive for easy layups, since LMA has to go out and guard Woods on the perimeter.

Modern bigs like Woods, Siakam and Boucher are now torching the old, slow guys.

So, while Lonnie and Keldon J are really good, having non-athletic LMA, Rudy Gay down low...not good.

MDMH, how come the "analytics" of Sean Marks don't count? He took a 20 win franchise to being over .500 and then acquired three Hall of Famers. For the draft picks to have value the "analytics" of Sean Marks would have to be meaningless.

Wood was on the process sixers, man, what could have been. Better than Nerlens or Okafor.

MDMH, how come the "analytics" of Sean Marks don't count? He took a 20 win franchise to being over .500 and then acquired three Hall of Famers. For the draft picks to have value the "analytics" of Sean Marks would have to be meaningless.

Nothing is certain, RJ. The Nets could have a 10 year dynasty and all those picks end up being trash. Predictions and likelihood’s are based in the sum knowledge of past events.

A more interesting discussion - would you trade a pandemic year championship for a decade of losing basketball? 1 championship, and then 10 straight years of 25 win seasons.

Nothing is certain, RJ. The Nets could have a 10 year dynasty and all those picks end up being trash. Predictions and likelihood’s are based in the sum knowledge of past events.

A more interesting discussion - would you trade a pandemic year championship for a decade of losing basketball? 1 championship, and then 10 straight years of 25 win seasons.

Except there is no logical reason to think a young, well trained, immediately successful GM will all of sudden become an abject failure and not just a failure for one year, but for ten straight. It makes no sense.

On top of that, this is the guy who identified and developed a horrific franchise into a successful one. So, not only would he have to lose all of his players, he'd had have to forget how find players (something he has been doing with the Spurs) even before being GM.

Sorry, someone who learned from the best. Then, successfully implemented it on his own is "analytically" unlikely to regress to be a failure.

Gotta love you Kory!

You start by insulting someone. When you are called on it, you cry.

When you can't dispute something logically and factually laid out, you call that person a troll (another insult).

Thanks for the smile and the head shaking.

please stop feeding the troll

I’m trying to move on. I think it’s an interesting hypothetical. If you’re the owner or GM of a middling franchise, would you trade a pandemic year championship with no fans in the stands, for 10 years of sucktitude.

I’m trying to move on. I think it’s an interesting hypothetical. If you’re the owner or GM of a middling franchise, would you trade a pandemic year championship with no fans in the stands, for 10 years of sucktitude.

Why would expect that to happen to someone who has been successful in rebuilding that franchise?

You ask questions but won't answer them.

Why would expect that to happen to someone who has been successful in rebuilding that franchise?

You ask questions but won't answer them.

It’s a hypothetical, I’m not talking about the Nets anymore. Let’s move on.

The question about the Nets was asked before your hypothetical. You won't answer why you would expect a person who has been trained by the best organization, went out on his own and been very. very successful there to become an abject failure and fail for multiple seasons in a row?

You have danced away from that but expect others to answer your question as a way to avoid to answering.

I'll answer yours and see if you will do the honorable thing and answer the question that you are being disrespectful about.

First of all, it is unlikely that a franchise could win a championship and then be terrible for an entire decade. You'd have to expect multiple GMS to fail after one succeeded. Many teams would take a chip.

Here's an actually interesting question- Although this is a very weak FA class, will some of the top players sign a one year deal due to dramatically lower revenues from the past two years and hoping for a return to normalcy next year.

Or will the NBA and NBAPA negotiate a % deal so that Player X can sign for $10M but only be paid the % of that contract versus the full amount. For example, if the cap number goes down from $100M to $85M due to lower revenues, the player would keep the $10M as his base but only be paid $8.5M next year but will revert to the full amount when things go back to normal.

I saw Wood in a DLeague game in GREENSBORO a few years ago and thought, man this guy should be in the league. Glad to see my talent eval skills are still top notch.

Wood was on the process sixers, man, what could have been. Better than Nerlens or Okafor.

HOF Oak still has like a 20+ PER whenever I look up his stats. I don't get how he can't play like 30 MPG for like someone like the Pistons.

Zion Williamson is the longest tenured Pelican

Okafor is stuck behind Mason Plumlee of all people. Nobody would have guessed that when he was coming out of Duke.

Back