• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

Rozier the better shooter and scorer but Ball the better ball handler, rebounder, defender, etc., right?

I’d look at contracts and ages but if the Ball Bros play well together seems like a good deal

i think zach lowe or kevin pelton suggested that the hornets try to trade terry rozier for lonzo ball for a two ball backcourt

1. who says no?

2. is this actually a good idea?

i have a VERY strong opinion on this but am curious about what others think

I think it'd be awesome. they're both positive players and they've played together for ages, I'd think they'd both improve

is Lonzo definitely good or did he just have a good streak recently

his career numbers aren’t great

seems like consensus trending towards my original opinion. it's such a great idea i'm upset i didn't think of it. rozier is having a better year. a career year. he's playing fantastic. lonzo is on the trade block for some reason.

lonzo is younger. he's 6-6 vs 6-1 for rozier which makes for a much better defensive backcourt. the backcourt rebounding and passing would be insane. not to mention he's the star player's brother! for a team that needs appeal/excitement its a homerun. it will probably never happen as terry is playing awesome and has single handedly won multiple games for the hornets as of late that the front office isn't even thinking like that but i hate that it got put into my brain as its perfect.

It doesn’t make sense for the Pels though. Lonzo has been playing better since they’ve been running the offense through Zion. Zion, Ingram, Lonzo is a good young nucleus that will get better.

It doesn’t make sense for the Pels though. Lonzo has been playing better since they’ve been running the offense through Zion. Zion, Ingram, Lonzo is a good young nucleus that will get better.

this is true, but the only reason someone suggested it was lonzo was publicly on the trade block which didn't really make a lot of sense in the first place.

Oh a bone bruise nbd he’s had great success recovering from those

It's still better than having an ACL or meniscus and definitely missing the rest of the season.

from what i’ve seen, lonzo is a really good offensive catalyst (better than his numbers suggest). but do think whether he’s truly a 35% or 40% shooter from 3 makes a big difference. but regardless, if there were a “winning player” metric that judged how much better/worse you were than your box score stats, i think he’s rate pretty highly.

His shooting has been improving. His FT% is up to 76% this year on basically the same amount of attempts in the past. That indicates that he is trending in the right way. It's highly unlikely he becomes a knockdown shooter, but he's not a bricklayer any longer.

Last edited:
career FT% makes me think he’s just not a good shooter

he has a 38% 3P% each of the last two seasons on a huge number of attempts so it’s pretty much a guarantee he’s going to be at least around that in the future. i do think you are probably right that his super torrid streak was probably an aberration.

the FT% thing is kinda nuts because if you sort by 3P% from last seasons, he ranks #68 at 37.5% -- you have to go all the way down to PJ Washington at #75 on that list to find a guy who is even within 10 percentage points of his FT rate and down to #99 to find a guy (Thaddeus Young) within 5 percentage points

only Jarret Culver has a worse FT% among the 147 qualifying guys who shot 29.7% or better from three

and last year was his career high FT% until this year

to be fair, he shot about five times as many 3s as FTs, but hardly getting to the line is a knock

I can't imagine there are many guys with his player profile in NBA history

another surprising age guy is that Kanter is only 28

I realized I forgot a lot of his bio. He went to Kentucky but was ineligible. He was the #3 pick in the 2011 draft in a lottery with a few of guys who seem older than they really are. Kyrie, Tristan Thompson, Valančiūnas, and Kemba. That was a very good draft. Seven All-Stars including 6 All-NBA players. Butler was the last pick of the 1st round. Isaiah Thomas was the last pick of the draft.

Thomas is one of a few guys in that draft who looked good in their first several years and all of a sudden were out of the league. Shumpert (#19) was a rotation guy on the Lebron's second run with the Cavs. Kenneth Faried (#17) had a 3 year stretch averaging around 13 and 9. Mirotic (#18) must have just wanted to go back to Spain. He's a career 12 and 6 guy. Norris Cole (#28) was rotation guy for the Lebron Heat. Shelvin Mack (#34) was a solid rotation guy. Chandler Parsons (#38) got his money and had his injury issues.

I'm not going to compare drafts right now, but that seems like a lot of guys who were solid to good NBA players who were out of the league before or right at turning 30.

Was talking about the 04 draft with friends last night. What a dud.

Back