Page 1 of 100 1234561151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 1992

Thread: Official 2020-21 NBA Season Thread - Westbrook gets 182nd triple double

  1. #1
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,497

    Official 2020-21 NBA Season Thread - Westbrook gets 182nd triple double

    New season. New thread.

    The Lakers added more depth in the offseason. Will they cruise to the playoffs?

    Will PG pay off for the Clips?

    Will CP elevate Booker and the Suns?

    Will Harden play for the Rockets? How long will Wall play for the Rockets?

    Will Giannis sign an extension with the Bucks? Can they figure it out in the regular season AND the playoffs?

    Will the Heat carry over their bubble momentum into the regular season?

    Will Doc and the Sixers get it together?

    Can Steve Nash figure out the right chemistry for the Nets?

    Can JC lead the Hawks to the playoffs?

    Will the young Hornets contend for the playoffs?

  2. #2
    So many questions. Iím only one man.

  3. #3
    Yes
    No
    Yes
    Yes;Years
    Yes;No
    Yes
    Yes
    No
    Yes
    lol No

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by IAppreciateIt View Post
    Yes
    No
    Yes
    Yes;Years
    Yes;No
    Yes
    Yes
    No
    Yes
    lol No
    Wow agree 100%

  5. #5
    Hornets off to a good start

  6. #6
    i agree with all of apetits answers but saw one highlight of lamelo making a sick pass tonight so they will "contend" for the playoffs

  7. #7
    LaMelo's passing is holy shit how did he do that good, but his shot selection and defense are holy shit bad. After about the second game the rest of the league is going to realize that when he drives he is not even looking to score and lay back on everyone else. I guess that is what to expect from a 19 year old who didn't play in college and has never had a real coach. It is pretty damn exciting when the ball is in his hands though, and he defensive rebounds like a mofo for a PG, with crazy outlet passes. As far as passing, Jason Kidd and Magic are the only guys I've seen who can repeatedly pass like that. Should be fun to watch if nothing else.

  8. #8
    Can you see Harden on the Heat?

  9. #9
    Philly seems like the better fit for Harden

  10. #10
    LaMelo bought Cam Newton's uptown condo in MJ's building. I guess better aspirations than if he bought Batum's Lake Norman mansion.

  11. #11
    Scooter Banks
    jaybone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    8,718
    In Wake related news, Jaylen Hoard seems to be be out of the league already.

    Jeff Teague is gonna start in Boston for the first month of the season. That is a good opportunity for him to become a key role player on the Celtics for a few years.

    What is the deal with Aminu in Orlando? Is he hurt? He was hurt when Orlando was in the bubble as well and didn't play ...
    le bone

  12. #12
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,497
    I think still injured. He had surgery and is out indefinitely. I was excited for him in Orlando. They seem to have big plans for him.

    I wonder if Hoard was hurt by the fact that the Blazers are one of the two teams without their own G-League team. Hopefully he'll end up somewhere else.

  13. #13
    Scooter Banks
    jaybone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    8,718
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    I think still injured. He had surgery and is out indefinitely. I was excited for him in Orlando. They seem to have big plans for him.

    I wonder if Hoard was hurt by the fact that the Blazers are one of the two teams without their own G-League team. Hopefully he'll end up somewhere else.
    Apparently, Hoard signed with Hoard on Dec 4th, but then was released. Not sure at all what that was about, especially since they have like 20 players after all the trades.

    Aminu apparently had a setback that required an additional surgery on his knee to clean it out, but now on pace to get the "last phase of his rehab' whatever that means. Apparently, he was dealing with swelling. Not great news for him, but hopefully he gets healthy as with last year's first round pick out all year recovering from an ACL tear, he has minutes if he's healthy.
    le bone

  14. #14

    Official 2020-21 NBA Season Thread - Preseason

    What are the chances that 3 Wake teammates would all have 10+ year careers in the NBA? Getting drafted is one thing, but a decade in the NBA is a real accomplishment.
    Draxx them sklounst

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    What are the chances that 3 Wake teammates would all have 10+ year careers in the NBA? Getting drafted is one thing, but a decade in the NBA is a real accomplishment.
    *4 Wake teammates

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    *4 Wake teammates
    Did Ish make the active roster!? Thatís wild! Fucking A! Well, yeah, 4 teammates. Iíd love to see the stats on how frequently thatís happened before in College Basketball history. I doubt even the blue blood programs have had so much professional success from individual team years.
    Draxx them sklounst

  17. #17
    Hell, Dream Weaver is still kicking ass in Euroball while Chas is trying to kidnap the governor of Michigan
    Draxx them sklounst

  18. #18
    Kentucky had that same thing, but none of the deacs are bound for the hall of fame. Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, Patterson.

  19. #19
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,497
    Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    Did Ish make the active roster!? Thatís wild! Fucking A! Well, yeah, 4 teammates. Iíd love to see the stats on how frequently thatís happened before in College Basketball history. I doubt even the blue blood programs have had so much professional success from individual team years.
    How does that compare with those great 90s UK teams? A lot of guys went to the league but did they stay for 10+ years?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    How does that compare with those great 90s UK teams? A lot of guys went to the league but did they stay for 10+ years?
    From the 1996 UK team, it looks like Mark Pope made it 6 seasons, Ron Mercer 8, Tony Delk and Walter McCarty made it 10, Derek Anderson 11, Antoine Walker 12, and Nazr Mohammed a whopping 18.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •