• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

Yes, I wanted to go see the Lakers' B team because I thought we might have a chance to win (fuck you, Kuzma). I've seen us get rolled by Lebron enough in person at this point that if he was playing I would have gladly taken the $500+ per ticket that some bandwagon Kobephile would have paid me and stayed home.

Udonis Haslem is playing his first minutes of the season in the 1st half vs. the Sixers. Just drained a baseline jumper and got into it with Dwight and got tossed.

Lol I haven’t been watching as I’m at the beach with family but that is not surprising to read!

Can't believe Marv Albert is 79. Dude still has it. Whatever weird sex shit he was into worked. He should be President.

Lol I haven’t been watching as I’m at the beach with family but that is not surprising to read!

A Heat fan friend was at the game and messaged me so I started watching. It was pretty awesome.

Announced shortly before the Kings missed the playoffs again.

Dame's 24 in the 4th not enough for Portland to ensure they avoid the play-in. They may regret this one.

Pretty much every game is important for every team in the league for the past week. Hard to argue against these new rule changes.

Batum got heavily booed every time he touched the ball last night, which was fantastic. Until the bum started hitting 3s and buried us, and he is still partially on our fucking payroll because of the stretch. Hornets fans have never really had much to cheer about so conversely nobody ever gets booed other than the refs, so it was nice to hear. Really the only other person they consistently boo whenever he touches the ball is JJ Redick because of college JJ Redick, but even that has waned somewhat over recent years.

Magic number of Hornets wins and Pacers losses is 2 for the Hornets to get the 8 seed. I don't see it happening, but here is to hoping. Bridges may be back from the Rona tomorrow, which would be a huge morale boost if nothing else. Apparently he was vaxxed but tested positive anyway (fuck you, NBA quarantine policies), so hopefully he was asymptomatic and won't be too seriously affected from a conditioning standpoint.

Bucks aren't catching the Nets now for the 2d seed, so they should just throw the game to the Heat on Saturday to help ensure the Heat get the 5th seed and they don't get embarrassed by them in the 1st round. I think the Bucks can handle the Knicks.

I don't think the Bucks make it out of the first round regardless of the opponent. They've struggled in the playoffs anyway. Now they're not playing D.

I don't think the Bucks make it out of the first round regardless of the opponent. They've struggled in the playoffs anyway. Now they're not playing D.

I think they get past the Knicks but no way do they get past the 2d round.

A little exercise going into the play-in round. List your three boldest predictions (hot takes) about the play-in and first round.

1. The Hornets and Wizards will make it out of the EC play-in.
2. The Bucks will lose in the first round.
3. There will be no first round sweeps.

Batum got heavily booed every time he touched the ball last night, which was fantastic. Until the bum started hitting 3s and buried us, and he is still partially on our fucking payroll because of the stretch. Hornets fans have never really had much to cheer about so conversely nobody ever gets booed other than the refs, so it was nice to hear. Really the only other person they consistently boo whenever he touches the ball is JJ Redick because of college JJ Redick, but even that has waned somewhat over recent years.

Magic number of Hornets wins and Pacers losses is 2 for the Hornets to get the 8 seed. I don't see it happening, but here is to hoping. Bridges may be back from the Rona tomorrow, which would be a huge morale boost if nothing else. Apparently he was vaxxed but tested positive anyway (fuck you, NBA quarantine policies), so hopefully he was asymptomatic and won't be too seriously affected from a conditioning standpoint.

The Pacers play the Lakers tomorrow. They will likely lose. The Hornets play at the Knicks. That looks like a loss for the Hornets too. The Wizards play the Cavs tonight (Cavs just beat the Celtics, who appear to have given up). If the Wiz beat the Cavs in DC (which is not a lock given that Beal is out again), the Wiz v. Hornets on Sunday will be for the 8th spot.

Pilch, what do you think would be the over/under for the highest scoring game of a Nets-Wizards series? 300.5?

The Wiz/Nets played a 149-146 game in regulation in January. 300 is not beyond the realm. In their most recent matchup in March, it was a pedestrian 113-106 game, not sure what was up with that.

The thing about the Wizards is that if they advance out of the play-in series to play either the Nets or 76ers, Westbrook will believe (and will have his team believing) that they are the favorite. Even though such confidence may be misplaced, to pull off a big-time upset, you have to believe that you can win. Westbrook always thinks he can win, and he will drag the rest of the team along with the belief. Can already hear Westbrook's answer to the question of "How did you pull off the upset?" Westbrook: "This was not an upset, I expected this win.".

The series would be fun to watch.

Back