• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

look i know lamelo is dope and fun to watch but this isn't ABSURD let's all take a breath

I see where you're coming from, but I wouldn't trust any recent past or present Panthers QB not to over throw that pass.

Tatum and Brown bumped knees going for a steal down the stretch vs. the Blazers. Weird play. Hopefully both of them are fine.

Last edited:
Haha. I was putting my kids to bed when near the end of regulation and I asked my 8 year old if I could watch the end of the game on my phone while I put him to bed. I explained the situation and had this conversation.

Kid: "So the Sixers are really good?"

Me: "Yeah. And their best player is one of the best players in the league."

Kid: "So how good are the Spurs?"

Me: (pause) "Decent?"

Kid: "Oh. So if the Spurs beat the Sixers legally the Spurs are pretty good."

Me: "I hope so."

Lebron left with a sore ankle in another Lakers loss. Now a 3 way tie for 5,6,7. Dallas has the tiebreaker over lakers. POR and LAL play next week to decide the tie breaker. DAL also has the easiest remaining schedule by a lot although Luka is close to getting a suspension if he gets one more tech if his ones today don't get rescinded.

Portland and LA have roughly the same schedules remaining, so their H2H that determines the tie breaker is going to be a 2 game swing and most likely seal it. Perhaps POR can survive losing if Lebron stays hurt and a few teams at the end of the year tank to POR.

Have to think with the Celts being a game behind the Heat and Hawks that having both Tatum and Brown turn an ankle tonight in a Loss has to hurt.

saw it said during the broadcast last night that Tatum set a record for points in three games for a Celtic

And some of y'all thought he shouldn't get paid. Dude just turned 23 two months ago and he's putting up buckets like KD and Harden. 128 pts on 54% shooting from the field and 59% from deep in the last 3 games. The Celtics just need to avoid doing anything stupid to screw this up.

Schroder is out for 10-14 days. The Lakers may be screwed. Nuggets, Clippers, Blazers, Suns this week. Don't see the Lakers falling out of the play-in though. That would take a major run by the Warriors and Spurs. The Spurs have a ridiculously hard schedule that begins with two games at Utah and ends with two games at Knicks and Nets before returning to two games at home vs. the Suns.

saw it said during the broadcast last night that Tatum set a record for points in three games for a Celtic

Saw that too. 128 points in 3 games is an all-time Celtics record. With all of the great players over their team history, a little surprising that 128 is more than any Celtic had scored in 3 games. That said, kudos to Tatum. Celtics seem like they are in trouble. Interesting that of the 4 NBA semi-finalists from last year, Denver (even with the loss of Murray) seems to be the only one not teetering on a likely early playoff exit. Understand that LeBron should never be counted out, but the Lakers are lost right now, and the playoffs start in two weeks (play-in starts on May 18).

Weren’t you saying you gotta pay to find out, Ph?

Weren’t you saying you gotta pay to find out, Ph?

Yeah. You gotta pay a 22 year old with numbers comparable to the greats at the same age to find out if he's going to be at that level for your franchise when he's 26.

He gets Kobe comps. Even if he couldn't be the best player on a title team, he could be the #2 player on a title team and that's a max contract. He's 22. The Celtics are paying to find out.

Spurs 2014. Kawhi wasn’t top 5 when he won.

I think the odds of Tatum being a top 5 player within the next 5 years are pretty decent. You have pay to find out.

Top 5 players in the next 5 years is a mess. There's about 10-15 guys who could legitimately be at that level and that doesn't include sleepers and guys who are still in high school.

Giannis
AD
Jokic
Embiid
Kawhi
Luka
Zion
Tatum
Booker
Randle
Mitchell
Simmons
LaVine

These guys come to mind immediately and I'm probably forgetting some people. And that assumes guys like KD, Harden, and Steph don't age like Lebron.

Yeah. You gotta pay a 22 year old with numbers comparable to the greats at the same age to find out if he's going to be at that level for your franchise when he's 26.

Top 5 players in the next 5 years is a mess. There's about 10-15 guys who could legitimately be at that level and that doesn't include sleepers and guys who are still in high school.

Giannis
AD
Jokic
Embiid
Kawhi
Luka
Zion
Tatum
Booker
Randle
Mitchell
Simmons
LaVine

These guys come to mind immediately and I'm probably forgetting some people. And that assumes guys like KD, Harden, and Steph don't age like Lebron.

The NBA's leading scorer, 27 year old Bradley Beal says "hi!".

LOL. I added him and took him off the list. He's not considered a Top 5 guy now, so he probably won't in 5 years whereas some of these guys have a chance to make a leap. It is crazy that he's only 27 though.

Realize this is weight bias, but when looking at Zion, its hard to see him aging well as in even in his mid twenties. Bron is a mesomorph and has had a long injury free career, but Zion's body is carrying a lot more weight than Bron did at the same age, and it appears (this could be wrong) that Zion will always have issues keeping his weight down.

seems a bit arbitrary to list Lavine and Randle at 26 years old and exclude Beal, who is better than both and I don't see a higher ceiling than what Beal is now from either

Zion is 20 and still has baby fat.

I don’t see Beal getting much better than he is now which is really good but not top 5. Randle in particular is already the best player on a team as good or better than teams Beal’s been on with high level Wall.

Giannis
AD
Jokic
Embiid
Kawhi
Luka
Zion
Tatum
Booker
Randle
Mitchell
Simmons
LaVine

Giannis, AD, Kawhi, Embiid, Zion & Mitchell all rate highly on the #tooathletic scale. At most 3 of em make it 5 years. Mitchell, Kawhi & Embiid all have the same issue, toes pointing inwards.

Randle -- true to form for Thibs -- leads the league in minutes

that said, he's second in the league in defensive win shares, so I may be underrating him

lots of unique games in the NBA these days

Giannis, AD, Kawhi, Embiid, Zion & Mitchell all rate highly on the #tooathletic scale. At most 3 of em make it 5 years. Mitchell, Kawhi & Embiid all have the same issue, toes pointing inwards.

Timmy D's did also.

Back