• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

Zion out indefinitely. Haliburton out for the rest of the regular season. White has been out for the Spurs. Hobbling to the 10 seed.

Pellies also sitting Ingram tonight

Jaxson Hayes has killed the Sixers both games this season tho

Suns get 2 layups in the last .8 seconds of the 3rd quarter. Never seen that before. Stole inbounds straight up under the basket. Cool highlight. I scared the wife

Ty Jerome has been getting buckets for the Thunder this year. Kyle Guy is starting to get some run for the Kings.

Going to be interesting to see what the Thunder and Pistons rosters look like next year.

Big win for the Spurs. Between beating the Kings and the Sixers beating the Pels, the Spurs have pretty close to locked up the #10 seed.

Last edited:
Official 2020-21 NBA Season Thread - Lebron returns; Teague scores 10,000th point

A 7/8 play in game between Lakers and Warriors is going to be so much fun. However the warriors last game of the season is against Memphis, and it’s looking like that may be the game that decides who gets the 9 seed vs 8 seed. Imagine Memphis getting the 8 seed and beating whoever got the 7.

Warriors still have to play Utah and Phoenix, while Memphis’s hardest game left is Dallas.

Spurs remaining schedule is too brutal to jump any higher than they are now.

This whole setup is amazing strategically when 1/2 are neck and neck 3/4 are neck and neck and 5/6/7 are 2 games apart

Last edited:
LaMelo went for 27/6/6 while not making a single jumpshot. Magic number is 1 for the play-in, but not that it matters. This team is being held together with duct tape and gum, they will get steamrolled by whoever they play unless they can get some guys healthy. Hayward - out, Bridges - out, Graham - out, Cody Martin Graduates - out, Monk - hurt again and went out last night. This has been a very frustrating end to what was originally a promising season.

The Hornets have a real future for the first time since when? It’s been awhile.

Wearing my beat up old hornets cap now runs the risk of someone asking me about basketball

Not sure if this clip has been posted before, but it's funny. Chris Paul - JJ Redick, classic moments from 03-05 seasons

Last edited:
Not sure if this clip has been posted before, but it's funny. Chris Paul - JJ Redick, classic moments from 03-05 seasons

Very cool

The Hornets have a real future for the first time since when? It’s been awhile.

Oh absolutely, the long term future is extremely bright. I was hoping the young guys would get some legitimate playoff experience this year ahead of schedule as an added bonus, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. I don't see this current active roster getting out of the play-in.

The Knicks have a better record than the Lakers rn.

Zion out indefinitely. Haliburton out for the rest of the regular season. White has been out for the Spurs. Hobbling to the 10 seed.

Yeah, I don't think Sacramento realizes they are still very much alive.

Pels with 31 wins without Zion (and Steve Adams, who is key?).

Spurs with 32 wins but challenging schedule.

Kings 30 wins could go 4-0 if they somehow allow D. Fox to play again. He's apparently healthy but "not in game shape."

Similar scramble in the East:

Hornets (8th)
Wiz (9th)
Pacers (10th)

All within 1.5 games of each other. Charlotte closes the season at Washington. After a bunny against the Cavs tonight, the Pacers finish the season against the Sixers, Bucks, Lakers before playing the Raptors.

Charlotte plays the Nuggets, Clippers, Knicks before playing at Washington

Washington has been on a roll, but Beal is now out for at least a game; they play two at Atlanta before returning home to play the Cavs and Charlotte.

Also, the Celtics are now stumbling, they are only two games ahead of Charlotte, and they play Miami, at Cleveland, at Minnesota (who suddenly decided to start winning) an at the Knicks

Crazy that all but a few teams still have a lot to play for.

Similar scramble in the East:

Hornets (8th)
Wiz (9th)
Pacers (10th)

All within 1.5 games of each other. Charlotte closes the season at Washington. After a bunny against the Cavs tonight, the Pacers finish the season against the Sixers, Bucks, Lakers before playing the Raptors.

Charlotte plays the Nuggets, Clippers, Knicks before playing at Washington

Washington has been on a roll, but Beal is now out for at least a game; they play two at Atlanta before returning home to play the Cavs and Charlotte.

Also, the Celtics are now stumbling, they are only two games ahead of Charlotte, and they play Miami, at Cleveland, at Minnesota (who suddenly decided to start winning) an at the Knicks

Crazy that all but a few teams still have a lot to play for.

Celtics are going to beat Cleveland and Minnesota.

Hornets - 33 wins (no Bridges)
Nuggets - LOSS
Clippers - LOSS
Knicks - LOSS
@Washington - if Beal plays - Toss Up/bet on a Win as Bridges returns --- so they end up with 34 wins assuming they beat Wizards here.

Wizards - 32 wins (no Beal for 2 games)
@ATL - no Beal LOSS
@ATL - no Beal LOSS
Cavs - Win
Charlotte - Toss up w/Beal/bet on a Loss ---- so they end up with 33 wins assuming they LOSE to Hornets here

Pacers (without Turner) - 31 wins
Cavs - Win
Sixers - LOSS
Bucks - LOSS
Lakers - LOSS
Raptors - Toss up --- so they end up with 33 wins if they beat the Raptors here.

Yeah, I don't think Sacramento realizes they are still very much alive.

Pels with 31 wins without Zion (and Steve Adams, who is key?).

Spurs with 32 wins but challenging schedule.

Kings 30 wins could go 4-0 if they somehow allow D. Fox to play again. He's apparently healthy but "not in game shape."

I think the Kings get it. They've pulled off a few quality upsets the last few weeks.

I've seen some people say the play-in is a one year thing due to the COVID schedule. I don't see it. It's been a huge success. Every team plays on Sunday and it could be nuts.

Typically there are three key seeds, 1, 4, and 8. Now it's 1, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10. 6 means you avoid the play-in. 7 means you get a home play-in. 8 means you're in double-elimination and host a second game. 9 means you get a home single-elimination play-in. 10 means you've got a shot.

And what makes it even better is eliminated teams like the Rockets, Thunder, and Pistons are playing young exciting guys. The T-Wolves are playing spoiler.

538's projected final standings:

East

1. 76ers 50-22
2/3. Nets/Bucks 47-25 (Bucks win the tiebreaker)
4/5. Knicks/Hawks 40-32 (Knicks win the tiebreaker)
6. Miami 39-33
7. Celts 37-35
8/9. Hornets/Wiz 34-38 (Hornets win the tiebreaker)
10. Pacers 33-39

Bulls projected to finish 30-42

West

1. Jazz 53-19
2. Suns 51-21
3. Clips 48-24
4. Nuggets 46-26
5. Mavs 43-29
6/7. Blazers/Lakers 41-31 (Blazers win the tiebreaker)
8/9. Warriors/Grizzlies 37-35 (last game of the season will determine tiebreaker)
10. Spurs 34-38

(Kings and Pels projected to finish 32-40)

#1 seed in the East really has an edge over the #2/#3 seeds. Looks like the Blazer/Lakers play-in opener is going to happen (which is hilarious). Starting to feel like the Mavs could make a run from the #5 spot in the West.

Back