• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

Maybe the Dubs beat the Lakers in the game for the 7 seed!

THT with the game winner in OT. Lakers are a game back minus tiebreakers for the #6 seed. Knicks, Hawks, and Heat tied for the #4 seed.

So Portland's got 3 games left vs Utah, Phx & Den. I believe everyone will want to beat them to put the Lakers up against the Clippers in round 1 (and increase the chance for PHX and Utah that they play the blazers round 1 over the lakers). Although if the Clippers lose one of the next two games (most likely vs Charlotte) the final game Denver vs Portland could be interesting.

So Portland's got 3 games left vs Utah, Phx & Den. I believe everyone will want to beat them to put the Lakers up against the Clippers in round 1 (and increase the chance for PHX and Utah that they play the blazers round 1 over the lakers). Although if the Clippers lose one of the next two games (most likely vs Charlotte) the final game Denver vs Portland could be interesting.

The Hornets backed their way into the play-in last night with a Bulls loss. I don't think it matters who they play in the play-in, they just need to get as healthy as possible for that game. LaMelo's wrist is still clearly bothering him, I'd sit him against the Clippers. Devonte dropped 31 (19 in the 4th) in his first game back in weeks to keep it close against the Nuggets last night. Rest LaMelo, let Devonte get comfortable over the last 3 games, and hope to hell that Bridges and/or Hayward can get back in time for the play-in.

The Hornets backed their way into the play-in last night with a Bulls loss. I don't think it matters who they play in the play-in, they just need to get as healthy as possible for that game. LaMelo's wrist is still clearly bothering him, I'd sit him against the Clippers. Devonte dropped 31 (19 in the 4th) in his first game back in weeks to keep it close against the Nuggets last night. Rest LaMelo, let Devonte get comfortable over the last 3 games, and hope to hell that Bridges and/or Hayward can get back in time for the play-in.

There's a gigantic difference between being the 8 seed (you have 2 shots to win 1 game to get in) and being the 9 seed (need to win 2 in a row)

JC with a game winning 3 and game clinching rebound to lock in a playoff spot and take a lead for the #4 seed.

After they finally found him on the offensive end. But, yeah, he def stepped up.

Hahahaha Gafford torched us all 3rd quarter and barely played in the 4th. With 13 seconds left down 3 the Wizards go to a 30 foot Davis Bertans hand off 3. Scott Brooks the Hawks MVP tonight

I had Gafford in fantasy the last few weeks. He'd put up lines like 12 and 10 in 14 minutes or 15 pts, 3 blks in 15 minutes (actual back to back games last week). The Yahoo write-up would say stuff like "Gafford played well in limited minutes. Scott Brooks said he'll play more next game." Then he'll play 15 minutes the next game and have a decent line like 6 and 4. Frustrating.

I was wondering why Ish was on the floor down 3. He's actually shooting .383 from deep this season. And he shot .367 from deep last year. First two seasons of his career above .350. Not many players his class are still in the league. Ish and Boban are the only undrafted players from the 2010 class still in the league. I think Whiteside is the only 2nd round. Others include AFA, Wall, Hayward, PG, Favors, Ed Davis, Patrick Patterson, Bradley, and Bledsoe.

Pacers beat the 76ers last night, Cavs beat the Celtics tonight....the last week of the season leading into the play-in games is going to be wild.

I had Gafford in fantasy the last few weeks. He'd put up lines like 12 and 10 in 14 minutes or 15 pts, 3 blks in 15 minutes (actual back to back games last week). The Yahoo write-up would say stuff like "Gafford played well in limited minutes. Scott Brooks said he'll play more next game." Then he'll play 15 minutes the next game and have a decent line like 6 and 4. Frustrating.

I was wondering why Ish was on the floor down 3. He's actually shooting .383 from deep this season. And he shot .367 from deep last year. First two seasons of his career above .350. Not many players his class are still in the league. Ish and Boban are the only undrafted players from the 2010 class still in the league. I think Whiteside is the only 2nd round. Others include AFA, Wall, Hayward, PG, Favors, Ed Davis, Patrick Patterson, Bradley, and Bledsoe.

Ish just continues to amaze me at his continued improvement as a basketball player. Who would have predicted that after 10 years in the league he would have his two highest three point percentage seasons.

Oladipo out for the playoffs and Olynyk playing really well in Houston

not a great trade for the Heat

The Heat made two seemingly good moves to get Bradley and then Oladipo. Bradley played 10 games for the Heat and Oladipo played 4.

Hawks have the 4th best record in the league since March 1 behind the Nuggets, Suns, and Sixers.

Westbrook is the first player since John Stockton in 1990 to have 15+ asts in 6 straight games.

There's a gigantic difference between being the 8 seed (you have 2 shots to win 1 game to get in) and being the 9 seed (need to win 2 in a row)

CHA also really would rather be the 8 seed matched up with the 7 seeded Celtics that have lost 7 games in a row vs the 10 seeded Wizards

Suns have had an amazing season, and most likely scenario is they finish a close second in the West and would still have to go through the Lakers and Clippers in the first two rounds. Brutal.

CHA also really would rather be the 8 seed matched up with the 7 seeded Celtics that have lost 7 games in a row vs the 10 seeded Wizards

Yeah no shit they would rather be in that spot, but I've resigned myself to them losing out these last 3 games given the injury situations. Clippers, @Knicks, @Wiz. Healthy squad? Sure maybe win 1 or 2 out of those 3. This band-aid group is likely going 0-3 regardless. If I'm going 0-3 anyway, I'm resting the wounded as much as possible for those 2 play-in games. Bridges may be back from the Rona on Saturday (surprisingly, he didn't die). I can't see Gordo coming back at all at this point.

All that said, I just bought my tickets for the potential play-in and first round games, 5 total potential games. Hopefully they'll get to host at least one of them.

I will give them some credit for not jacking up the ticket prices given the limited allowed attendance and increased demand. For the regular season shortened package, I was able to sell the few games I couldn't make to completely cover my costs inclusive of the games I did go to and make some money in addition (and in hindsight, the Lakers tickets alone would have covered the whole plan but I wanted to see that game). It takes away some of the annoyance of basically having an entire season plan worth of cash locked up unused with them for the past year and a half. These playoff tickets are pretty reasonable as well on a per game basis, though you've got to buy all of them and go with a refund or rollover for the games that don't happen.

All that said, I just bought my tickets for the potential play-in and first round games, 5 total potential games. Hopefully they'll get to host at least one of them.

I will give them some credit for not jacking up the ticket prices given the limited allowed attendance and increased demand. For the regular season shortened package, I was able to sell the few games I couldn't make to completely cover my costs inclusive of the games I did go to and make some money in addition (and in hindsight, the Lakers tickets alone would have covered the whole plan but I wanted to see that game). It takes away some of the annoyance of basically having an entire season plan worth of cash locked up unused with them for the past year and a half. These playoff tickets are pretty reasonable as well on a per game basis, though you've got to buy all of them and go with a refund or rollover for the games that don't happen.

Did you still go after the Lakers rolled out their "B" team for that game? Feel (sort of) bad for all the folks who paid $100+ to sit upstairs for that game at the beginning of the season and then didn't see LeBron or Davis play.

Back