• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cleveland Indians are dropping their team name.

True. They don’t have funny hats and a parrot either. But they’re typically portrayed as white and dressed as such.

Is the lack of snake mascots an Adam and Eve thing?

That is a good question. How come there are few or no teams called the Anacondas or the Pythons? Pythons have nearly destroyed the everglades food chain single handedly in only 20 years. I guess there are the diamond backs, which are pretty bad ass. One thing about rattle snakes though, and I doubt most team naming consultants look this deep into it, is they are really all bluffing and bluster. The puffing up, the rattle, they are all false signals to try and scare and adversary away, attacking and biting an intruder is always an act of desperation and their last resort. They are actually relatively unaggressive snakes as snakes go.

While I personally think it would be nice for them to adopt and redeem the Spiders moniker, I wouldn't be surprised if they chose Commodores given the areas naval history in the War of 1812 - sure Vandy uses it, but it would be pretty distinct for a pro sports team and if Las Vegas can work something out with the US Army to use the Golden Knights I'm sure that Cleveland can work something out with Vandy

But seriously: Insects, mythical creatures and obscure snakes?

kjJuMsn.gif

I don't support any of these ideas. Not one of them.

And what in the absolute fuck is Forest City. The only decent one that's been posted is Commodores.

But seriously: Insects, mythical creatures and obscure snakes?

kjJuMsn.gif

I don't support any of these ideas. Not one of them.

And what in the absolute fuck is Forest City. The only decent one that's been posted is Commodores.

Are you suggesting that spiders are some type of insect?

kjJuMsn.gif

Just do like St Louis used to and have the baseball team also the named the Browns

Good name. Good announcement video. Good logos that are similar enough to the old stuff but new enough to fly off the shelves.

Good name. Good announcement video. Good logos that are similar enough to the old stuff but new enough to fly off the shelves.

Agreed.

Wondering if you like it more for the comic book angle (Guardians of the Galaxy) or the Zelda BOTW angle (Sheikah Guardians)?

Agreed.

Wondering if you like it more for the comic book angle (Guardians of the Galaxy) or the Zelda BOTW angle (Sheikah Guardians)?

I didn’t think of either. I liked it for the reasons I stated.

Back