• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 2021: huge historic day today ! you are living history congrats !

Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor.gif

Yeah, but you're a healthy, in shape 40 year old and I'm a slow, fat, lazy 32 year old...So I'd rather be you than the guy who ran a slightly faster 40 time 16 years ago but can't run a half mile today without sitting on a park bench for a few minutes to catch my breath.

Even when I was young I couldn't run a mile just to run a mile. I could play basketball for three, four or five hours without being overly tired.

I’m slow, but creamy deacs mom says it’s all about endurance anyways.

Smooth strokes > Fast twitch

i've never seen caddyshack because I don't really like movies filmed in black and white

I hate running, but mako is right... There are very few stretches of long runs. It's actually good because it keeps the obstacles from being insanely crowded by spreading people out.

It's been a long time, but I did the last one as a group of like 5-6 people... The runs between obstacles was kind of a leisurely jog where we were still able to speak with each other. I wasn't trying to win the event or anything.

On your list above, I'd put running above swimming (only because I suck at swimming), stair climbing, MLM white women, and 80s aerobics. Also, while boxing sounds cool, I have zero interest in doing that as a part of my fitness routine.

What's the typical timespan for one of these? It's gotta take some people like 4 hours.

Damn RJ. You still in any adult leagues? Can you stroke the J?

I hung 'em up about eight years ago when I was slipping out of our A game. In our regular game, we had guys who played at NW, Hofstra, UC Riverside, walk on at Kansas, coaches from Mater Dei. Of course one of our favorite guys was an honorable mention D2, DB. He was about 5'8, a brick and lightning quick. We didn't consider the game really started until he got hit in the head. He would blow by someone on the outside, get into the lane and pump fake. Due to his height, he'd duck in and often get hit in the head by one of the inside guys as he went up for his shot. What was really weird is that our court rarely had anyone over 6'6. About a mile and half from our park was another A List court and they had tons of guys 6'8+. We didn't go there very often and they didn't come to our court.

At the end, stroking the J, passing, boxing out and setting picks were all I had left. There were two guys that hated to see me on D. One guy was really silly. He is about 6'3 or a little taller. His go to move was a baseline drive for a reverse. I would simply leave my guy, go to the rack to put hand up and block his shot on the reverse. Everybody used to laugh at the old guy blocking him every game. I'd also pick him off on a blind pick at least once a game. He would pick me to avoid those two things. The other guy was our bull. He was about 6'2 and drove exclusively left. I'd play him almost on his left shoulder making him go on a great circle route or go weakly to his right.

It's not that the other guys played dirty. They just didn't know what contact and non-contact was. You could get injured without them meaning to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back