• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 2021: huge historic day today ! you are living history congrats !

Status
Not open for further replies.
gotta think you're getting miller lite, ordering windows (ex. 2-6pm), limits on how many you can order, or a mix

Yeah, I'd do that in a heartbeat for a few different local breweries, assuming I can take home unlimited 4-packs.

25% off Cans. It's a fairly authentic brewery that makes English style beers, very unusual for the area. Hence the 6 dart boards setup. Very reasonable expectation if I bought that thing I could go there 2x a week if I moved closer to the area.

There are only 2 dart leagues in LA, and both are on fucking Monday. One league could just switch to a thursday and then I'd join both.... but the one I've been in the past 5 years or so doesn't have as good of competition. But they have Sculpin on tap, delicious pizza, and it's my regular bar. The one with the free beer for $2,500 has better competition, and is also a mile away from where my pinball league is. So probably better off just paying the $2,500 and moving to Van Nuys, then I wouldn't need to get pinball machines in my house either.

Last edited:
gotta think you're getting miller lite, ordering windows (ex. 2-6pm), limits on how many you can order, or a mix

Yeah. I’m guessing a cap of 2 maybe 3 beers per night. No sharing.

Think we’ve settled on short ribs for Christmas Eve. Was going to do the crispy skin pork butt from serious eats but skin on pork butt seems to be hard to find around here.

damn - did you get takeout

I got Chipotle

Hotel was downtown right at the Point Park and the couple local spots I tried were closed.

Was supposed to be in DC last night but lost my wallet in Harper’s Ferry and decided to drive all the way back to Raleigh

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd do that in a heartbeat for a few different local breweries, assuming I can take home unlimited 4-packs.

No way bottles/cans/take home are included unlimited. None. Draft on premise only. Maybe discount on the former/take home. They want you in person buying food or specialty drinks/extras not included. And inviting friends to pay for their own drinks while you get the "cost per beer down."

At $5.00 per beer, that is 500 beers. How long to drink that many? 10 per week for a year.

Sounds like a few months the way some on here drink.

In 27 years, I’ve drank 50000 beers, and they just wash against me like the sea in to a pier....

So yeah seems like maybe a good deal.

My feet smell so bad when I wear slippers what do I do

The slippers smell bad also help

Townie my trail runners have decided to start mauling my feet on every run now. What shoes should I purchase? They need to be able to handle some pretty gnarly shit as I’ll be using them for mud runs this year and I gotta be quick to impress my bro ATS.

next time you are here get a hotel on the north or south side

the point/downtown is for suits

What is a pinball league

Bar with about 20 machines, 64 people show up and play in groups of 4 for the night. 4,2,1,0 scoring, play 6 machines per night. Add up total points. Final rankings get you in A, B, C , D leagues, top 16 are A, next 16 are B, etc. Finals are step ladder heads up within the division. Rankings count towards international pinball rankings that qualify you for tournaments and shit.

Chat Thread 2020: What's in a name?

Which machines? Do they even make new pinball machines nowadays? Feels like every pinball machine I’ve seen in the last decade is still like Dukes of Hazzard or something 80s or 90s. I did see a Stranger Things one but that’s just going retro.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back