• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 2021: huge historic day today ! you are living history congrats !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like average food/drinks/etc. is around $3k for me and the wife. Weekly sushi & 2-3x/week shooting darts being the main culprits.

We love sushi as well but definitely easy for the takeout bill to get out of control.

Yo, I thought it over and I'm definitely closer to $300 a week food than $250.

We drop about a hundo on groceries a week and usually only eat out once a week, although now that it's cold we ain't down with inside dining even though we've both had the bug. Protein and nutritional supplements aside, it would be very, very rare for our family to spend over 200 bucks a week on food, and I would say its usually under 150.

I was gung ho about the idea but also seems like you use tons of water and it’s kind of a wash from a waste reduction standpoint? Anyway, applaud the effort.

Maybe it uses more water, but plastic is forever.

We love sushi as well but definitely easy for the takeout bill to get out of control.

If they serve toro I will usually get 3 orders. And I usually don't eat sushi at places if they don't serve toro. So I'm already starting off $50 in the hole.

We have started making our own sushi (or my wife has been) at home with the pandemic. You don't get to try 8 different kinds of fish, but you do save like $170.

I was gung ho about the idea but also seems like you use tons of water and it’s kind of a wash from a waste reduction standpoint? Anyway, applaud the effort.

Also we washed our own at home, so there was no diaper service company quadruple washing everything in super hot water with extra soap to ensure sanitation. Just popped ‘em in the washer and hung them on the clothes line out side to dry. Probably harder in the big city with two full time jobs though.

Also we washed our own at home, so there was no diaper service company quadruple washing everything in super hot water with extra soap to ensure sanitation. Just popped ‘em in the washer and hung them on the clothes line out side to dry. Probably harder in the big city with two full time jobs though.

what would you do if you were traveling?

what would you do if you were traveling?

When we traveled to visit family and stay at their house we’d usually bring the cloth set up with us (minus the clothes line), but if we were staying in a hotel we’d use disposables.

Wait, so you just throw the poop filled cloth diaper into the washer? What happens to the poop? You wash your regular clothes in there too?

it's important to leave as much of the poop in the diaper as you can because that's what activates the detergent

Wait, so you just throw the poop filled cloth diaper into the washer? What happens to the poop? You wash your regular clothes in there too?

It was Missouri, but even there they had toilets... so you just put the turd(s) in the toilet, then put the cloth in the washer. Also, nursed baby turds were really mild. So like the fist 6-8 months was super easy. We stopped at 18 mos. because as the food you eat gets more complicated so do the turds.

making nor'easter cocktails, listening to Christmas Lounge on SomaFM and about to nosh on Latkes while the snow falls - what a radiant moment

What’s everybody cooking for Christmas Eve? We do prime rib on Christmas Day so looking for something a little different

making nor'easter cocktails, listening to Christmas Lounge on SomaFM and about to nosh on Latkes while the snow falls - what a radiant moment

We had ramen for dinner, now on my first hot buttered rum and watching Year Without a Santa Claus. Good shit.

Anyone looking for a movie to watch, “Sound of Mako's Mom” on Amazon Prime is excellent. They blur out the best parts but its pretty true to life if you've never hit up one of her monthly... events. They're legendary. Definitely a bucket list check mark. Plus, NOT picky so most here would be golden. Should be a contender for Best Picture this year.

FIFY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back