• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 2021: huge historic day today ! you are living history congrats !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Now that I've started a new job, I'm forcing myself to type up notes during most every meeting though. Very challenging for me. For some reason, I've also been opening new Excel sheets for the notes. I guess I'm doing that subconsciously in case I need to convert to a project plan of some kind.

I've got some names of older generations in my family -- Judith, Harold, Rhoda, Lucretia, Mildred -- that I don't have great faith in seeing the return of

I have a Regula and an Ottilia.

Wife wouldn't let me name 2nd daughter Regula and I still hold a grudge.

Last edited:
I use Evernote for my note-taking... The free version is just fine.

It's good because it allows you to cut and paste a lot of things other than just plain text. We use a lot of charts and graphs, so I can pull those from a particular presentation if I think something is important enough to keep (but don't want the entire presentation).

I know other people use Microsoft OneNote, but I've never been a fan. Maybe it works well if you use a ton of other Microsoft products.

Now if there's something I need to write down to remember I just open a new Outlook email or Word doc and type in there.

One of my best friends named his kid Campion. I kinda dig it.

I've encountered two ~5ish-year-old boys in my area named Jaden/Jayden. Not sure if that one has been gaining popularity.

Now if there's something I need to write down to remember I just open a new Outlook email or Word doc and type in there.

I like Evernote because I can access it from anywhere, even my phone.

*I do not work for Evernote.

The 2yo ate two fried bologna and cheese sandwiches, a ton of carrots and hummus, and about a pound of grapes for lunch today, and then asked me for an apple 15 minutes later.

You guys who put your coffee mugs in the dishwasher after one use are going to be horrified by how I treat my CPAP

my brother and his wife named one of their daughters Sybil after his wife's mother

that's an old fashioned name I dig

The coolest onenote feature is you can put a screenshot in and right click and convert to text

anybody else just a terrible note taker?

I hold everything in my head -- not a good practice

Also a bad note taker - I've been getting back into the practice of using a notebook to write notes. I also use OneNote for somethings - mostly planning, presentation developments, requirements elicitation, etc.

The 2yo ate two fried bologna and cheese sandwiches, a ton of carrots and hummus, and about a pound of grapes for lunch today, and then asked me for an apple 15 minutes later.

My wife, without fail, is always amazed when one of our kids does this... And then she'll say, "Must be going through a growth spurt."

As an aside, I've only known my wife for ~12 years and I can pretty much predict what she will say in any situation. What happens when we've been together for like 30-40 years? "PUT A SOCK IN IT, LADY!!!"

My wife, without fail, is always amazed when one of our kids does this... And then she'll say, "Must be going through a growth spurt."

As an aside, I've only known my wife for ~12 years and I can pretty much predict what she will say in any situation. What happens when we've been together for like 30-40 years? "PUT A SOCK IN IT, LADY!!!"

Word for word my wife's reaction. And as for the last question, I now understand why my dad spent so much time sweeping the driveway.

we watched Muppet Family Christmas on YouTube the other night and had this exact reaction

diapers are expensive

We had a "huggies & chuggies" party after my wife's baby shower which was code for I invited a bunch of people over to a friends house and got a keg. Daughter is 14 months old and we still haven't had to buy any diapers other than preemies when she was first born and was in the 3rd percentile in height/weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back