• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC/Duke/App St Drug Ring

Bro. This is federal prosecution. People are going to motherfuckin' prison. A lot of motherfuckin' prison.

If only there were people out there who could serve as defense attorneys in federal court. :)

And not paying taxes is another problem, to your point TWood. I just think they should be prosecuted as separate offenses. But I have complete faith in our justice system putting a bunch of 23 year olds behind bars for selling drugs to pay off student debt.

The United States Sentencing Guidelines are based on the following premise: Everyone would be a better citizen if they served some time.

Most of them will be eligible for the "safety valve" provision, and other benefits under The First Step Act.

It is still illegal to distribute and sell certain drugs in North Carolina and the United States. I laughed at the response by UNC and PHI Gamma Delta. It appears that some folks will learn the reality of the old adage, 'if you can't do the time, don't do the crime".

The United States Sentencing Guidelines are based on the following premise: Everyone would be a better citizen if they served some time.

Most of them will be eligible for the "safety valve" provision, and other benefits under The First Step Act.

Ah, another man of culture, I see.

I love how the "safety valve" is just a two point drop in the guidelines; which is rarely meaningful when we're talking about the amounts here. It's nice that it can defeat an over-zealous United States Attorney's use of statutory mandatory minimums, but that really shouldn't ever have to come into play if the USA's charging policies were sane.

Yeah, I have an indirect connection to one of them and what I'm hearing from 3rd party sources is they're looking at 3 or 4 years.

I just don't believe in putting people behind bars for buying, using and/or selling weed, coke and LSD. The Xanax thing is more extreme IMO. There are hard drugs that I'd be singing a different tune to, but these are not those drugs.

Coke and LSD aren't hard drugs?

Back