• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mount Rushmore of College Football Announcers

tagsfan

Reaction score
Verne Lundquist
Keith Jackson
Eli Gold
Lindsey Nelson

How can you not have Brent Musberger on that list????:thumbsup:

Keith - there's only one Godfather
Brent - "you are looking live"
Ron Franklin - smooth
Brad Nessler - just the right amount of excitement but keeps it under control

Oh Nellie! I like DeacDude's list. Franklin and Nessler have been under the radar some vs bigger names.

My favorite Brent Musberger moment other interviewing Apollo Creed in Rocky II, was 2006 vs FSU and we're up something like 17-0. Drew Weatherford was crapping the bed and Brent kept hyping up Xavier Lee like he was going to get in the game and bring the Noles back and Lee got in and we picked his ass a couple of times and his ass sat back down. Deacs 31- Noles 0!

How can you not have Brent Musberger on that list????:thumbsup:

He's just always grated on me for some reason. That and his hanging on a year or two too long knock him down a spot or three on my list.

He's just always grated on me for some reason. That and his hanging on a year or two too long knock him down a spot or three on my list.

I was being sarcastic, he's terrible. Keith Jackson was by far the best I think.

Musberger tried to take on the persona of Keith Jackson in his later years. It was awkward, forced and never worked. Using words like "daddy" and "woodshed" only were authentic with Keith Jackson.

Pam Ward was the QUEEN of that noon Big 10 game that came on right after Gameday on ESPN.

Pam Ward was the QUEEN of that noon Big 10 game that came on right after Gameday on ESPN.

Feels like Michigan State and Iowa play each other in that spot like four times a season.

Keith - there's only one Godfather
Brent - "you are looking live"
Ron Franklin - smooth
Brad Nessler - just the right amount of excitement but keeps it under control

ron franklin and nessler. yes.
and of course keith

Back