• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What was your favorite school lunch as a kid?

We drenched the spaghetti with government ranch at our school. Sounds disgusting in theory, was delectable in practice.

Also, I could throw down on some Otis Spunkmeyer cookies fresh out the cafeteria oven.

Our school also made some pretty damn good pintos and collards.

I was just remembering fondly the Chick-fil-A day when you could buy overpriced and cold sandwiches. Absolutely delicious. I remember mostly eating French fries (with Texas Pete and black pepper) and rectangular pizza.

Senior year, I had travel period lunch (biscuitville, pizza at waketheuniverse's house, taco bell, etc.), a milkshake every day from either cookout or sonic. Chick-fil-A every day after practice and then regular dinner at home.

A trash diet in retrospect, but it took me several years in high school to crack 103 lbs.

5000 calories a day in high school.

6000 calories a day in college, but we had a team nutritionist tracking our diet so there was more guilt

In HS it was pizza for first two years and then they introduced the chicken sandwich, a lot like Chic-Fil-A, and I'd hafta rush from class to the cafeteria to get in line with enough time to get it and eat before the bell....honey mustard topping = the best

Fries with Texas Pete and ranch. Mix all that shit up and eat with a fork.

Also remember the rolls at my elementary school and everyone balling them up for some reason.

In elementary and middle school rectangular pizza is the obvious answer. Also took my lunch a lot.

My HS had a couple of options daily. The turkey tetrazzini was pretty good but they also had a salad option daily or chicken sandwich option pretty regularly.

I mostly took my lunch, but I always loved the cafeteria turkey and dressing around Thanksgiving. I don't think that I could look at it today.

My mother made the most delicious ham salad with the leftovers. Loved that sandwich, and wish she was still here to make it again!

We had a sub line in middle school that was pretty decent - it was basically the same as subway but subs cost $2. That, a Gatorade and packaged chocolate chip cookie all for under $5 was not too shabby.

Pizza day on Fridays was the other big winner.

Use to eat at that Hardee’s on the corner of Cloverdale and First St. like 4-5 times a week once i hit sophomore year and people in knew could drive.

Did nobody have the trapezoid pizza with cube pepperoni? That was my favorite.

I'm jealous of anyone that had school food they describe as good. Everything we had was terrible, just different levels of terrible. It really was impressive in a way - it's hard to completely ruin things like mac and cheese, a hamburger, or spaghetti. But they managed it.

Being able to go off campus for lunch was definitely a game changer. I think we were only allowed as seniors but perhaps juniors and seniors. My favorite Mexican restaurant, El Rodeo, was like 2 minutes from school and the combination of serving speed and cost made it an absolutely perfect combination for fitting into the school lunch hour. One semester I had lunch at fucking 10:35 (wtf) though and it didn’t open until 11. Major dagger.

I'm jealous of anyone that had school food they describe as good. Everything we had was terrible, just different levels of terrible. It really was impressive in a way - it's hard to completely ruin things like mac and cheese, a hamburger, or spaghetti. But they managed it.

well it was all objectively terrible, but seven year old kids like terrible food

Being able to go off campus for lunch was definitely a game changer. I think we were only allowed as seniors but perhaps juniors and seniors. My favorite Mexican restaurant, El Rodeo, was like 2 minutes from school and the combination of serving speed and cost made it an absolutely perfect combination for fitting into the school lunch hour. One semester I had lunch at fucking 10:35 (wtf) though and it didn’t open until 11. Major dagger.

I Love NY Pizza for lunch was two big NY slices and a soda for $3.75 -- I remember it was a big deal when it bumped up to $4

trapezoid? are you from the future?

I guess cutting the tip off and making the crust (no crust) flat instead of round made it fit the pan better.

Or, the future.

u6P0A9D.jpg

I Love NY Pizza for lunch was two big NY slices and a soda for $3.75 -- I remember it was a big deal when it bumped up to $4

We had a Rudino’s in the shopping center across the street that had a cheap/terrible pizza buffet at lunch that we frequented.

Back