• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Duke's Mayo Bowl vs. Wisconsin Thread

How was his forward progress not completely stopped ?

Man, that Michael Dyer play was 10 years ago. Didn't one of our RBs have a play like that a few years ago that was called down?

The forward progress rule is that you have to be held. Otherwise every time someone hesitated on a run they'd be down. Refs did a great job watching that play - nobody even had a hand on CBS. He was just sitting on top of two guys who never had a grasp or even a hand on him.

Roberson has become the type of receiver that demands the ball when he's got a 1 on 1. Sam recognized the coverage and didn't look anywhere else, and didn't need to.

I still maintain that replay is killing sports - even when they do end up getting the call right.

The forward progress rule is that you have to be held. Otherwise every time someone hesitated on a run they'd be down. Refs did a great job watching that play - nobody even had a hand on CBS. He was just sitting on top of two guys who never had a grasp or even a hand on him.

He was held from underneath; how could you possibly say no one had a hand on him? They obviously couldn't overturn that on replay because they could only look at whether he touched the ground, not whether progress was stopped.

Wake is definitely getting the benefit of the officiating today with this, the missed facemask, and this dubious TD catch (I say this as a fan of both teams).

Good series. CBS with the smarts picks up the offense.

D needs to do their part. They have played well so far, but the second half is when the difference in size can show up.

He was held from underneath; how could you possibly say no one had a hand on him? They obviously couldn't overturn that on replay because they could only look at whether he touched the ground, not whether progress was stopped.

Wake is definitely getting the benefit of the officiating today with this, the missed facemask, and this dubious TD catch (I say this as a fan of both teams).

GTFOH

Glad we kicked that one short. Really paid off.

I still maintain that replay is killing sports - even when they do end up getting the call right.

I find myself watching old games and when there is a close call I’m thinking “here comes the review” but they just move right along and everyone seems content with it. It was a totally different game back then.

Special teams plays keeping Wisconsin in this

Back