• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Duke's Mayo Bowl vs. Wisconsin Thread

Groshek also not very good. Had one decent game this year. Berger is the Badgers best back right now.

Wisconsin is huge and skilled on the OL and DL. Historically, line play is the foundation of their success. This is not good for the Deacs.

Wisconsin is huge and skilled on the OL and DL. Historically, line play is the foundation of their success. This is not good for the Deacs.[/QUOTEW]

Yeah, they will try pound us up front. Boogie will be missed.

Wisconsin is huge and skilled on the OL and DL. Historically, line play is the foundation of their success. This is not good for the Deacs.[/QUOTEW]

Yeah, they will try pound us up front. Boogie will be missed.

Outside of the NC State game, our weaknesses were pass defense and running quarterbacks. We did well against Virginia Tech and Virginia in the run game.

Wonder how many guys we will have back. Appears we would have been somewhat short handed if we had played Fla St.

Sad this isn’t a game I can attend. Wisconsin fans are cool, they party. Would have been a fun tailgate.

Out of 28 bowl games, ours is ranked 17th. Not a bad prediction though.

17. Duke’s Mayo Bowl (Dec. 30)

Wake Forest (4-4) vs. Wisconsin (3-3)

Wake Forest can put up points in bunches. The Demon Deacons scored 37 points per game this year, but they also allowed more than 30 points per game, leading to some high-scoring games. Wisconsin has been the opposite. The Badgers score an average of 22.3 points per game but allow only 15.7 per game. That contrast in styles could make for a pretty interesting matchup.

Sad this isn’t a game I can attend. Wisconsin fans are cool, they party. Would have been a fun tailgate.

There will be about 5000 fans at the game. We are in a pandemic. There won’t be a tailgate.

There will be about 5000 fans at the game. We are in a pandemic. There won’t be a tailgate.

Yeah, that’s the point. It’s sad this game is happening during a pandemic where we can’t have a big crowd with tailgates.

This will be only the second bowl game I've missed since before the Orange Bowl. The other was the UConn game in Charlotte.

What a strange year

Wisconsin DL average size is 6'5', 287 pounds. Wake offensive line average size is 6'4', 293 pounds

Wisconsin OL average size is 6'5", 306 pounds. Wake defensive line average size is 6'3', 270 pounds.

This will be an ugly loss but pretty excited to see us play a team I don't think Wake has played in my lifetime. Go Deacs!

Doesn't seem to be a free Wisconsin message board out there, at least not one that's active. Too bad.

Seems like this is going to be similar to last year's bowl matchup. A team with strong defense and poor offense. Hopefully we come out on the other end this time.

Kind of worried that Ron Dayne is going to run all over us.

Back