• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Duke's Mayo Bowl vs. Wisconsin Thread

Just saw the final power rankings. Wisconsin is 33, Wake is 34.

Huh ? Why is everybody so scared of fucking Wisconsin ? They haven't faced an offense that can score points all year. Meanwhile, their own offense has been in the ditch since before Thanksgiving. If Wake is able to protect Hartman at all, we'll score 30 points and they'll have to keep up.

Huh ? Why is everybody so scared of fucking Wisconsin ? They haven't faced an offense that can score points all year. Meanwhile, their own offense has been in the ditch since before Thanksgiving. If Wake is able to protect Hartman at all, we'll score 30 points and they'll have to keep up.

Depends on who we have suiting up for us. Don't know if you noticed, but the offense we put on the field against Louisville wasn't very potent. Not having Boogie on the d-line hurts a lot too.

So fucking what ? Three days ago you people were acting like we were going to beat FSU by 40. Do you think Wisconsin isn't dragging its ass across the finish line too ?

This is the 2021 version of the Wake football team. Do you think they suck that bad ?

Part of winning bowl games is the team having the attitude that they are at the bowl to win a football game. Not party, sightsee, collect swag etc. and oh yeah ,I guess we have to play football.

Wake under Clawson has done pretty well in that area. It should be doable this year as well. Going to Charlotte helps. Just a bus ride. Not the airplane mess prior to Louisville.

As long as Wake doesn't have more players opt out or get Covid, there should be enough guys.

Kind of impossible to predict anything with many teams this year between opt-outs, Covid outs, and the general inability to find a groove due to game cancellations.

I like our chances i guess. We struggle against good passing games which forces us to play coverage and then we get gashed upfront. If we can be more aggressive in back end we can bring extra help to fill. That’s where Masterson and Andersen are at their best (vs. trying to cover Dyami Brown 1:1 30 years downfield)

The proposal above is a good one - score some points early and let Wisky try and catch up in the air. It’ll end better than it did in chapel hill

So fucking what ? Three days ago you people were acting like we were going to beat FSU by 40. Do you think Wisconsin isn't dragging its ass across the finish line too ?

This is the 2021 version of the Wake football team. Do you think they suck that bad ?

I never said that about the FSU game and if you don't think who we're able to suit up makes a big difference, then you're just stupid, don't know what else to say.

I agree. We played Michigan State tough, so why not Wisconsin?

But on the contrary, I was saying we would lose to FSU after that sad Louisville beat down mainly since our defensive secondary needs so much help. Weirdly, we matchup ok with Wisconsin.

I agree. We played Michigan State tough, so why not Wisconsin?

But on the contrary, I was saying we would lose to FSU after that sad Louisville beat down mainly since our defensive secondary needs so much help. Weirdly, we matchup ok with Wisconsin.

I think skill-wise we matchup very well (especially if Greene can play), in the trenches is the concern. If we can keep them from running it down our throats without a 8 or 9 man box and we can give Sam time to throw, I think our chances are good. Don't think our run game will be great against them, especially without Walker. CBS needs open holes and not sure we'll create a lot. Honestly will all the teams opting out, we're pretty lucky to be getting to play as quality of a program as Wisconsin and hopefully we play well.

Are folks who are planning to attend using stubhub?

The good seats were on Ticketmaster. They were sold out within 20 minutes of the bowl announcement. Stubhub had some bad ones still left last night.

The good seats were on Ticketmaster. They were sold out within 20 minutes of the bowl announcement. Stubhub had some bad ones still left last night.

Would hope they were mostly bought by Wake fans. Can’t imagine a large contingent of Wiscy fans making the trip. Probably family and some super fans.

How many tickets are being sold in total?

Wisconsin DL average size is 6'5', 287 pounds. Wake offensive line average size is 6'4', 293 pounds

Wisconsin OL average size is 6'5", 306 pounds. Wake defensive line average size is 6'3', 270 pounds.

WF is shorter on both sides. Heavier on OL than their DL, only slighly, so equal there. Lighter on DL so typically weaker in pass rush and straight down hill running. All of which leads to the observation that for Clawson to take the program to a higher level, he has got to focus on the defensive side of the ball more. This year we saw glimpses of an improved defense but it was not sustained. Putting all individual awards aside, in this bowl game, the D including Cohen and Hemphill, definitely has some things to prove.

How many tickets are being sold in total?

I'm not sure. The original attendance limit for Panthers games was 5,240 with all seating in the club level and lower bowl. They got permission to open the 500 level for the Tamps Bay game and had 5,815. It looked like it was just back to club and lower bowl for the ACCCG though, so I'm guessing 5,240. How that translates to tickets available for purchase is anyone's guess.

WF is shorter on both sides. Heavier on OL than their DL, only slighly, so equal there. Lighter on DL so typically weaker in pass rush and straight down hill running. All of which leads to the observation that for Clawson to take the program to a higher level, he has got to focus on the defensive side of the ball more. This year we saw glimpses of an improved defense but it was not sustained. Putting all individual awards aside, in this bowl game, the D including Cohen and Hemphill, definitely has some things to prove.

You can't just look at averages though, especially on the defensive lines. A lot of times you might have a 240 to 250lb defensive end that really throws off the averages. A couple of 310lb tackles, a 275lb "rush end" and 250lb "drop end" are going to average the 287. I have no idea, but I would imagine they're pretty big in the middle, Big 10 teams usually aren't short on beef, just sometimes short on speed unless you're Ohio State.

Back