• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Duke's Mayo Bowl vs. Wisconsin Thread

I've referred to Clawson as "stubborn" many times. Keep wishing for those fun plays, it's not happening. The guy had Hinton at WR all season last year and didn't let him attempt a pass. I love Clawson, but that was disappointing.

Hinton has completed more passes in the NFL than he attempted last season

Hinton has completed more passes in the NFL than he attempted last season

Love Dave Clawson as our coach. The positives he brings to the program far outweigh the negatives. However, the total lack of imagination with Hinton last year was beyond a head-scratcher. Even if he never threw a pass, certain formations could have been used to keep a defense on its toes. That one I will never understand.

I agree with what everyone is saying...I'd like to see some more imagination. However, from a practical standpoint, our offense really hasn't struggled against anyone aside from Clemson. We've had the perfect personnel to run the offense we run and why fix what ain't broken, I guess. There haven't been many times that it would make sense to run trick plays over the last 5 seasons.

True, but also we ran two toss plays to the outside this year, and Cam can correct me if I'm wrong, they averaged close to 10 yds/play. Small wrinkles like that would be great. It doesn't need to be the Annexation of Puerto Rico, just some variance. I didn't even see much of the inside trap that we've run in years past.

edited to add: I do think our passing game has become more varied, and that's a good thing.

I get what everyone is saying but putting up points hasn’t been a problem against most teams. Just look at our PPG the last few years nationally. Defense on the other hand...

I agree with what everyone is saying...I'd like to see some more imagination. However, from a practical standpoint, our offense really hasn't struggled against anyone aside from Clemson. We've had the perfect personnel to run the offense we run and why fix what ain't broken, I guess. There haven't been many times that it would make sense to run trick plays over the last 5 seasons.

Except for the fact that if you throw one in there now and again it opens up your regular offense even more. You need to keep the defense "honest" somehow. Running exactly what they are expecting doesn't help. It also makes a team like Clemson (or anyone who can stimmy our offense) a little more cautious. I don't see us beating Clemson anytime soon but it would be nice to not have them in our backfield a split second after the snap.

Except for the fact that if you throw one in there now and again it opens up your regular offense even more. You need to keep the defense "honest" somehow. Running exactly what they are expecting doesn't help. It also makes a team like Clemson (or anyone who can stimmy our offense) a little more cautious. I don't see us beating Clemson anytime soon but it would be nice to not have them in our backfield a split second after the snap.

I agree that our offense has been good at putting up points. However, I think it could be better if there were a few plays that "broke the mold." Pass to a running back. Orbit with wide receiver. Or whatever might be found on the cocktail napkins after Steve Sarkisian closed a bar, in his former life.

Doesn’t hurt to have even more points.

Increíble how everyone knows everything about what we should be doing on offense but no recommendations on defense other than “we need faster players.”

We need to blitz more.

Blitz more with our slow players?

Increíble how everyone knows everything about what we should be doing on offense but no recommendations on defense other than “we need faster players.”

We need to blitz more.

Wake needs players who tackle better.

Hope the defense takes offense at the Wisconsin players comments on how bad our defense is. I know we have struggled a bit, but there is no respect at all for Wake. Very little respect for our offense or Hartman

Hope the defense takes offense at the Wisconsin players comments on how bad our defense is. I know we have struggled a bit, but there is no respect at all for Wake. Very little respect for our offense or Hartman

Maybe the Wisconsin players have been reading this board?

Link?

There were 9 people in the Dallas newspaper sports section who selected bowl winners this week vs. the line and straight up. Not 1 picked Wake straight up. Hope TJDK.

There were 9 people in the Dallas newspaper sports section who selected bowl winners this week vs. the line and straight up. Not 1 picked Wake straight up. Hope TJDK.

Dallas newspaper still had nine people in their sports department?

I am shocked no one in Dallas picked Wake Forest to beat Wisconsin.

I’ll be shocked if anyone picks us. We’ve barely played and haven’t looked good in two months.

Back