• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RIP Kevin Greene

Yeah just saw this. Damn. Too young.

My story about Kevin Greene is I worked a cashier at Harris Teeter in high school and one day I’m working the express line. Kevin Greene pulls into my lane with a huge cart full of groceries. I’m certainly not about to tell him “wrong lane” so start checking him through. I ask “do you have a VIC card”? He proceeds to pull out a tiny man purse and searches through it for the entire time I’m scanning his items. He finally pulls one out after about two minutes and I scan it. Machine shows he saved about ten cents on a $100 tab. He politely says “well that certainly was worth the effort”

He was a fun interview when he played for the Panthers. He also would put out a couple of boxes of good cigars outside his locker after wins. RIP

Great, great HOF.

Did they just say he’s third All Time in sacks? Had no idea.

One of the best linebackers I got to watch growing up. Phenomenal player.

Gone way too soon too at only the age of 58. Prayers to his family and friends.

RIP....I was actually at the game against STL where he had a fumble recovery for a TD...We were at the opposite end of the field and he was chugging and running and we didn't think he was gonna make it, and then he dove into the end zone....it was a great memory.

It's the 2nd clip here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSeuLk7eGGM

Back