Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Wolford potentially to start next week against Arizona?

Wake Forest fans can’t have nice things

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    just a huge downer all around
    +1

We needed the boost to all Deacon faithful that Wolford had supplied.

And mostly, I hate it for him!

And the Seahawks will probably end up winning for all around awfulness

Quote Originally Posted by CDeacMan View Post
    And the Seahawks will probably end up winning for all around awfulness
    Nope, Rams in dominating fashion. Win for the Wolf!

Goodbye “DangeRuss”

Made it back from the hospital to celebrate in the locker room. Maybe just a stinger.

John is one of my all-time favorite Wake athletes. Super nice kid and a fabulous ambassador of the school. Just absolutely sickened this happened to him.

With Goff’s 9-19 performance today, it really wouldn’t be surprising to see John starting next week. McVay said he’s DTD so if he’s healthy enough to play he could definitely get the nod.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever

Not my quarterback! Stop the steal!

McVay sneaky as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by deacon22 View Post
    With Goff’s 9-19 performance today, it really wouldn’t be surprising to see John starting next week. McVay said he’s DTD so if he’s healthy enough to play he could definitely get the nod.
    He did a good enough job to win and had some good passes, especially in the second half. However, he is not a runner/scrambler. Wolford gives them a whole different dimension on offense, much like Russell Wilson does. The the always has to look out for the run, theoretically opening up the passing game.

I remember thinking that Wolford has the skills for the NFL but staying healthy would be damn near impossible if he uses his legs.

Damn, he is my all-time favorite Deac tho...And I'd love to see him carve out a nice NFL career. Kid has brains and heart for dayyyys

I feel like he's shown he can be a valuable backup. Hopefully he stays healthy.

To be fair, that was a dirty hit. Not surprising for Adams. But that could have happened to any QB, not just one “who needs to stay healthy.”

Quote Originally Posted by Resilient Deac View Post
    I remember thinking that Wolford has the skills for the NFL but staying healthy would be damn near impossible if he uses his legs.

Damn, he is my all-time favorite Deac tho...And I'd love to see him carve out a nice NFL career. Kid has brains and heart for dayyyys
    John Wolford is really your all-time favorite Deac?
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    What’s so weird about that? Creamy is in his late 20s, early 30s right?

I guess I'm more of a basketball guy I dunno
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

Nothing weird about Wolford being a favorite Deac. He's one of mine (and I was one that worried about him being too short...).

Don't know how dirty the hit was. What I do know is designed quarterback draws will get Wolford killed (as it almost did) in the NFL. Terrible slide and not the first time he's done that. Hate it for him. I think he's done enough to get on a roster somewhere next year though.

Quote Originally Posted by TenaciousKory View Post
    I guess I'm more of a basketball guy I dunno
    Well, Wake is a basketball school.