Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 255

Thread: Wolford potentially to start next week against Arizona?

  1. #1

    Wolford potentially to start next week against Arizona?

    NBC reporting Rams Goff may have broken thump leaving John Wolford as Rams starting QB against Arizona. Interesting to see if he can jump start Rams. Also who would have guessed to Wake QBs to start this year. Only in 2020!

  2. #2
    can you imagine the odds you could have gotten five or so years ago that Wofford and Kendall would start an NFL game at QB in the same season?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    can you imagine the odds you could have gotten five or so years ago that Wofford and Kendall would start an NFL game at QB in the same season?
    Considering the no wake quarterback had started in NFL game since the mid seventies.

    What an opportunity for Wolford if it comes to pass.

    A good showing here could set you up as a career backup in the NFL at a minimum.

  4. #4
    They have a good D and run game if Akers is healthy. Should put him in a good spot to succeed. Other than they are playing for their playoff lives....
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL68 View Post
    Considering the no wake quarterback had started in NFL game since the mid seventies.

    What an opportunity for Wolford if it comes to pass.

    A good showing here could set you up as a career backup in the NFL at a minimum.

  5. #5
    Might take a couple series for Wolf to settle in, but I imagine he will make us proud.

  6. #6
    Got a feeling Wolford will play well. Huge game for the Rams.

  7. #7
    Scanning fan comments online the consensus seems to be: "Goff sucks, may as well play John. Even if it doesn't pan out, we know we need to draft a QB." His job description is to be prepared for this moment. I'm sure he'll do great!

  8. #8
    John has what it takes between the ears. He's tough as nails. He is an accurate passer. He has never experienced game speed in the NFL. He either adapts to that speed or he will fail. Great opportunity that he has worked a lifetime to receive.

  9. #9
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    118,744

    Wolford potentially to start next week against Arizona?

    PJ Walker was the best QB in the XFL and he was solid enough in his one start for the Panthers. It was enough to show he has a future as a backup. Id expect something similar from Wolford as the best QB from the AAF.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    PJ Walker was the best QB in the XFL and he was solid enough in his one start for the Panthers. It was enough to show he has a future as a backup. Id expect something similar from Wolford as the best QB from the AAF.

    AAF wasn't NFL football, but I suspect game speed there was a notch up from college game speed. Wolford also has had most of a season with the Rams running the second unit. Having Aaron Donald line up against him probably solidified the need for a quick read and quick release on his passes. That work probably helped him get out of the slow mesh RPO he ran at Wake.

  11. #11
    I really hope he gets the opportunity and lights it up.

  12. #12
    Older than Dirt WFU71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The 'Noke
    Posts
    4,296
    Goff had surgery on his thumb today and is unlikely to play this weekend.

  13. #13
    Very cool
    Draxx them sklounst

  14. #14
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    118,744
    Cardinals-Rams will almost certainly be the CBS national late game. Huge opportunity on a huge stage.

  15. #15
    And Kyler Murray is iffy.

  16. #16
    Lets hope we win our bowl game so there will already be some positive press rolling about Wake Forest football. Plus you know theyre going to mention the connection between Wolford and Hinton.

  17. #17
    Looks pretty certain now that Wolford will start.
    Do it, John!

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Cardinals-Rams will almost certainly be the CBS national late game. Huge opportunity on a huge stage.
    Looks like the flexed WAS-PHI to Sunday night. AZ-LAR seems like a better game for that slot.

  19. #19
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    118,744
    Quote Originally Posted by deactherunner View Post
    Looks like the flexed WAS-PHI to Sunday night. AZ-LAR seems like a better game for that slot.
    Seems like NFC East bias but its actually because the Cards-Rams scenario depends on the Bears. I think if the Bears win, the Rams are out regardless.

  20. #20
    If the Rams win, they are in. The Bears have to beat the Packers to make it. If the Bears lose they are out and the Rams are in. The only way the Rams miss out is if they lose and the Bears win.
    Last edited by LilburnDeac; 12-29-2020 at 09:29 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •