• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wolford potentially to start next week against Arizona?

lineup intro graphic last night showed Seattle had the #31 pass defense then showed both safeties made the pro bowl

Nothing weird about Wolford being a favorite Deac. He's one of mine (and I was one that worried about him being too short...).

Don't know how dirty the hit was. What I do know is designed quarterback draws will get Wolford killed (as it almost did) in the NFL. Terrible slide and not the first time he's done that. Hate it for him. I think he's done enough to get on a roster somewhere next year though.

He’s on a 2 year contract with the Rams.

McVay said he regretted calling that play. Wolford definitely needs to learn how to slide.

What’s so weird about that? Creamy is in his late 20s, early 30s right?

Yep 32. My childhood favorites were Barclay, Ovie, Fabian Davis, Kenny Moore, Phone, etc... But of I'm going all-time then I have to go with Wolford. I just haven't witnessed a tougher dude than Wolf. The beatings he took his first 2 years would steer many players away from playing football.

was looking up qb win % (kind of a dumb stat, but whatever) and found wolford is alone as the highest winning % qb in nfl history — the only qb who has started multiple games without a loss. there are 3 qbs who have won their only start, one of whom is phil walker who was temples starting qb in the military bowl. (one of the others is actually a running back presumably doing a wildcat play. the other is brett rypien)

PJ Walker, the Panthers backup. Matt Rhule coached that Temple team but he had left for Baylor by the bowl game.

McVay says QB decision is day to day which is amazing considering Wolford listed as non participatory in practice today.

McVay says QB decision is day to day which is amazing considering Wolford listed as non participatory in practice today.

Yeah I think that’s total bullshit. Wouldn’t surprise me if Bortles was dressed on Saturday. Don’t think Wolford will be ready to go. Glad his injury wasn’t something much more serious. Could’ve been really bad.

A 3rd QB shouldn’t count against the active roster number.

The starting QB comes in and wins the game, and now has one more week of healing under his belt. The backup QB was out with a stinger. I don’t see any way in which Goff doesn’t start and play the entire game.

The starting QB comes in and wins the game, and now has one more week of healing under his belt. The backup QB was out with a stinger. I don’t see any way in which Goff doesn’t start and play the entire game.

The defense won the game.

Goff was 9 for 19 with 155 yards and 1 TD.

Last edited:

I would think last week and what happened to John is an example of how Goff doesn't play the whole game, not to mention his hand getting dinged again would be enough to do it.

Wolford's edge on Goff is due to his mobility and that he's a threat to run. If John can play, but those aspects of his game are limited, he's not as an attractive of an option.

Wolford also seemed to be much more effective at the pre-snap QB responsibilities and adjusting at the line

by my quick math, Akers had over 40 yards on the two Wolford drives, which I credit somewhat to Wolf making the necessary adjustments based on his reads

"There is no foul on the play, he was a runner and therefore is not afforded the protection..."

I realize Wolford is a better runner than Goff, but unless you are Lamar Jackson, running in the NFL as a QB seems...DANGEROUS to your personal health.

Wolford out. Goff starting.

Back