• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wolford potentially to start next week against Arizona?

"There is no foul on the play, he was a runner and therefore is not afforded the protection..."

I realize Wolford is a better runner than Goff, but unless you are Lamar Jackson, running in the NFL as a QB seems...DANGEROUS to your personal health.

Panther fans have realized this for the better part of a decade. Cam had the shit beaten out of him, whereas breathing on Brady has always been 15 yards. And once you're a runner, you don't get that protection. Wolford isn't a big guy, and I think smaller running QBs are more at risk than bigger QBs. That's why Kyler Murray gets down quickly when he does run. He wouldn't survive taking the kind of hits Cam took. Yeah, it's dangerous. Take a look at how RG3's right leg on this hit by Haloti Ngata. Dude has never been the same (and they shouldn't have played him in that playoff game).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrHZ-yqBI4c

Out out. Neck injury.

As a Packer fan, I'm happy because this is now an easy win vs Goff and his thumb issue (hell, even a healthy goff doesn't worry me). Yeah, I know the Rams have an elite defense, but Goff is a zero threat.

But I'm sad that Wolford isn't going to be able to play in the divisional round at Lambeau. Man how cool with that have been!!! Also, Wolford looked to have great command of that offense and with his mobility I would've been very worried about this Saturday.

Wolford is not dressing. He will travel with the team. The Rams have not announced the other QB(s) in uniform. Could be Bortles (who they just picked up) or Bryce Perkins or both.

As a Packer fan, I'm happy because this is now an easy win vs Goff and his thumb issue (hell, even a healthy goff doesn't worry me). Yeah, I know the Rams have an elite defense, but Goff is a zero threat.

But I'm sad that Wolford isn't going to be able to play in the divisional round at Lambeau. Man how cool with that have been!!! Also, Wolford looked to have great command of that offense and with his mobility I would've been very worried about this Saturday.

Aaron Donald says not so fast my friend. LAR has the 2 things that GB doesn't like - a strong pass rush without blitzing and a good running game. And Ramsey on Adams. I think they cover the 7. That said, I also have zero faith in Goff, healthy or not. Akers has to have 150-200 for them to win.

Wolford is not dressing. He will travel with the team. The Rams have not announced the other QB(s) in uniform. Could be Bortles (who they just picked up) or Bryce Perkins or both.

The release I saw was that it will be Bortles. He was the backup last year. He also has 2 playoff wins since 2017.

Which one of you idiots did this?

Which one of you idiots did this?

Wow. Not me, but some think that the Ravens are a solid Darkhorse pick to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl and Wolford owns Lamar Jackson.

Johnny put up the following against Jackson's Cards: 28-34 461 yards passing 5 TDs... oh yeah, Wolford ran for a TD. Definitely on the short list of the greatest QB performances in WF history (with a massive assist to Greg Dortch for being untackleable.

LAR should never have given Goff that big deal. He's a mediocre QB who McVay has been able to coach up to look decent at times.

LAR should never have given Goff that big deal. He's a mediocre QB who McVay has been able to coach up to look decent at times.

Goff and Wentz went 1 and 2 in the draft. The teams who drafted them were convinced they had franchise QBs for a decade. Now both guys, shortly after signing big contracts, are being run out of town. Who saw that coming?

On PTI, Kornheiser just quoted Jason La Canfora saying on his podcast, "Everyone in the league knows John Wolford beat out Jared Goff, took his job. The Rams felt Wolford gave them a better chance to win."

Back