• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Catawba Indians at WF -- New Years Eve 3 pm - ACCN

Probably too much to ask for a high school kid from Raleigh playing at Cameron Indoor, but I would love to see Whitt have a really good game against Duke next weekend. When was the last tall guard we had who has that court vision and can handle the ball?

Forbes trying to break the terrible habits from Manning. It seems like Neath, Muscius, and Massoud are the main problems at this time. All 3 will improve as the year progresses.

If it makes us feel any better, Catawba was down 2 starters tonight including their best player and leading scorer.

Probably too much to ask for a high school kid from Raleigh playing at Cameron Indoor, but I would love to see Whitt have a really good game against Duke next weekend. When was the last tall guard we had who has that court vision and can handle the ball?

Ervin Murray?

A majority of our team had covid, they have been through hell. We haven’t played a game in 33 days and barely practiced, and we’re down 6 players and about to get thrown into ACC play. this year is a throw away IMO. Go get a couple transfer bigs for next year and build for the future. Forbes will get us there i’m very confident in that.

Ody and Mucius brought a lot of energy. Wake will need that.

Carter Whitt got a lot of playing time. Hope that is more Forbes wanting to see what he has in Whitt, and not a sign that Neath isn't fully healthy.

Had most to do with missing 3 of our top players and 7 overall.

I think they said Whitt graduated on Dec 18th, on campus Dec 21 and running the point on Dec 31st. What was impressive is that he seemed to already be running the offense and had enough chemistry to hit some guys with great passes (which they mostly botched or he would have had 6 or 7 assists).

Just remember kaye's strategy is to mess up a new PG's mind the first time they play.

I realize we have not played anyone but the Bzz and DM teams almost always looked lost and struggled past these teams. We were up 21-4 before our offense struggled and we picked up 10 offensive fouls, but I actually enjoy watching this team play. Even at our best, over the last 10 years, it felt painful. We'll get whacked around in the ACC but it won't be because our players accept losing.

I do have to say we needed more FT's and more paint touches.

when I heard that Whitt was enrolling early, I figured he would redshirt or maybe play a few spot minutes here and there since he doesn't lose a year of eligibility. I did not expect him to play 25 minutes in his first game and score in double figures with a 2 to 1 Assist/To ratio. He looked good. Hope he can keep learning this year and get a bunch of experience.

Manning and redacted both would have lost this game.

We beat Catawba by eight? Jesus. Not exactly a rousing New Year's for Wake sports.

An ugly win is better than an ugly loss.

Everyone worked on D but the energy wasn't like the first two games. Deacs won because they limited Catawba to 62 points, 36% from the field, 26% from three and forced 15 turnovers. Defense matters.

Wake rebounding was weak and it was too easy for Catawba to get to the hoop.

Williamson played well, especially late. Mucius went 4-5 from the line, gathered 4 rebounds and provided leadership in the final 1:40. Williamson, Neath and Whitt combined for 36 points, 12 rebounds, 10 assists, 5 steals and 5 turnovers in a combined 82 minutes. They are the guard rotation until DuBose returns.

The team missed the instant offense Antonio provides, especially from three.

The next three games are on the road against GT, UVA and Duke. Welcome to the ACC Steve.

Back