• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is Trump the worst American ever? (Poll)

Is Donald Trump the single worst American citizen to ever live?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KickballDeac

Bernie Eskimo Bro
Reaction score
Others you may want to consider when deciding include Mitch McConnell, Roger Ailes, Rupert Murdoch, Rush Limbaugh, Charles Koch, David Koch, Newt Gingrich, Richard Nixon, Dick Cheney, John Wilkes Booth, Nathan Bedford Forrest, Mike Krzyzewski, the East Area Rapist/Original Night Stalker/Golden State Killer (Joseph James DeAngelo), some important antebellum/Civil War figures (not well read on that era), Joseph McCarthy, J. Edgar Hoover, James Buchanan, Jerry Falwell Sr., Jeff [name redacted], and, I dunno, maybe Charles Manson?

edit - apologies to Roger Stone and Sean Hannity for their omission

Last edited:
Mitch is worse. Plus we’ll still have him around for all time.

If "worst" is defined as the American citizen having done the most damage to the country, it's hard to argue against Trump.

And IMHO, we won't know the full extent of the damage Trump has caused until he has been out of office for a while.

i answered yes, but only for the optics. he is not really the worst American, there are a number to choose from. he is an absolutely horrible person and has his direct decisions have killed more Americans than any serial killer, terrorist bomber, or war monger. so that is something that everyone needs to remember.

No. He is certainly in the running for worst POTUS, although Andrew Jackson and a handful of others are certainly up (or down) there. But as for worst American period, I can think of a number of others who are worse. Even in politics you have the leaders and generals of the Confederacy, pro-slavery Senators like John C. Calhoun and a bevy of disgusting members of Congress, from Preston Brooks to Theodore Bilbo and "Pitchfork" Ben Tillman to Strom Thurmond and Joseph McCarthy. And that's not counting people like Charles Manson or Timothy McVeigh. Certainly Trump is a horrible, lousy excuse for a human being in almost every way and he was a terrible president, but I think there are others that certainly can compete with him on the awfulness scale. He is near the top of the heap, though, no doubt.

i answered yes, but only for the optics. he is not really the worst American, there are a number to choose from. he is an absolutely horrible person and has his direct decisions have killed more Americans than any serial killer, terrorist bomber, or war monger. so that is something that everyone needs to remember.

As of this writing, deaths from Covid-19 are around half the total dead (620,000, recently revised to 750,000) from the Civil War. Covid-19 death totals are rapidly approaching the official U.S. military death total (405,399) from WWII.

If you could kill Mitch or Trump tomorrow, its Mitch and its not even close. So that's my answer.

No. He is certainly in the running for worst POTUS, although Andrew Jackson and a handful of others are certainly up (or down) there. But as for worst American period, I can think of a number of others who are worse. Even in politics you have the leaders and generals of the Confederacy, pro-slavery Senators like John C. Calhoun and a bevy of disgusting members of Congress, from Preston Brooks to Theodore Bilbo and "Pitchfork" Ben Tillman to Strom Thurmond and Joseph McCarthy. And that's not counting people like Charles Manson or Timothy McVeigh. Certainly Trump is a horrible, lousy excuse for a human being in almost every way and he was a terrible president, but I think there are others that certainly can compete with him on the awfulness scale. He is near the top of the heap, though, no doubt.

His Trumpublican enablers and Trumptard devotees are also up there.

Andrew Jackson

Always nice to see others think that Jackson was 1 of our worst presidents. But yeah, I think Trump was worse than Jackson, Buchanan, Johnson and Harding. And way more corrupt than Nixon.

Edited to add I misread the poll. I thought it was worst president. Worst American citizens, hmmmn. Nathan Bedford Forrest, John Wilkes Booth and Joseph McCarthy are the 1st non-presidents who spring to mind.

Last edited:
Hm, Mitch undoubtedly has a disproportionate amount of power, but he has never wielded the power of the presidency, and he strikes me as more amoral (will do what he wants and doesn't care who suffers). Whereas Trump definitely cares that his opponents suffer, and uses (perverts) the power of the presidency to facilitate it. I do see the argument for Mitch, though I think I'd rank Ailes and Rush above him.

McVeigh, Manson, Bundy - never destabilized the country, undermined the Constitution for a generation, or promoted hatred of citizen against citizen for nothing more than cheap self-aggrandizement (ok, Manson does have this in common with Trump).

Hm, Mitch undoubtedly has a disproportionate amount of power, but he has never wielded the power of the presidency, and he strikes me as more amoral (will do what he wants and doesn't care who suffers). Whereas Trump definitely cares that his opponents suffer, and uses (perverts) the power of the presidency to facilitate it. I do see the argument for Mitch, though I think I'd rank Ailes and Rush above him.

McVeigh, Manson, Bundy - never destabilized the country, undermined the Constitution for a generation, or promoted hatred of citizen against citizen for nothing more than cheap self-aggrandizement (ok, Manson does have this in common with Trump).

Speaking of serial killers, I read that Little died yesterday, our most prolific, though not as well known, serial murderer.

Andrew Jackson

Always nice to see others think that Jackson was 1 of our worst presidents. But yeah, I think Trump was worse than Jackson, Buchanan, Johnson and Harding. And way more corrupt than Nixon.

Edited to add I misread the poll. I thought it was worst president. Worst American citizens, hmmmn. Nathan Bedford Forrest, John Wilkes Booth and Joseph McCarthy are the 1st non-presidents who spring to mind.

Angry Biff PMs incoming.

Back