• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Football Season

I'm gettin' hyped like Rick Flair.

'Member that time Quarles knocked out the uNC QB at the goal line? Then their idiot coach put the kid back in the game.

I'm gettin' hyped like Rick Flair.

'Member that time Quarles knocked out the uNC QB at the goal line? Then their idiot coach put the kid back in the game.

The best was when we beat UNC 31-0 at home. Bunting was complaining going into our game about our cut blocking (legal BTW) and shortly into the game one of their D-lineman went down. Bunting came out there shaking his head, the kid stayed down awhile, 2 reserves came out to basically carry the guy back to the bench and then the guy was back on the field a short time later. It was a complete stage.

'06 was a fun year -- went to every game but UCONN and Ole Miss that year

we all laughed at the Orange Bowl ad that played late in the Duke game before the Chip Vaughn block

The best was when we beat UNC 31-0 at home. Bunting was complaining going into our game about our cut blocking (legal BTW) and shortly into the game one of their D-lineman went down. Bunting came out there shaking his head, the kid stayed down awhile, 2 reserves came out to basically carry the guy back to the bench and then the guy was back on the field a short time later. It was a complete stage.

I remember that game. Wasn't it Peppers' senior year? I think I was in 8th or 9th grade and there with my cousin who was a hole fan.

Ovie landed the most vicious stiff arm/forearm shiver combo on some poor defensive back that I've ever seen that game.

we all laughed at the Orange Bowl ad that played late in the Duke game before the Chip Vaughn block

I distinctly remember seeing that ad at a different game and, I confess, also laughing. It’s great to be a Deac fan.

I distinctly remember seeing that ad at a different game and, I confess, also laughing. It’s great to be a Deac fan.

It was probably played during every game. I remember seeing it during the opener against Syracuse and my dad and I just chuckled and said "Yeah, right. Not Wake." Then Mauk went down and Riley Skinner came in to take his place and we were on our way.

They handed out Orange Bowl bottle koozies before one of those early games too. I had a similar reaction but I got a few anyway. Glad I did, I still use em to this day.

It was probably played during every game. I remember seeing it during the opener against Syracuse and my dad and I just chuckled and said "Yeah, right. Not Wake." Then Mauk went down and Riley Skinner came in to take his place and we were on our way.

Same memories for me. I think the OB representatives were also at on of the early games / syracuse maybe. I saw them walking down the steps with the OB blazer on and thought - 'yea, right'

there was one game, I think it was that year, where the Chick-Fil-A Bowl reps were there and were handing out free food and swag in the student lot. we got out of the car and these dudes walked up and gave each of us these huge bags full of like stuffed cows, foam footballs and like 20 sandwiches each.

And Riley's first play was a disaster. I think Idlette came in motion and Riley didn't wait long enough for him to pass and the ball was snapped right into Idlette's back side. Luckily we recovered our second consecutive fumble. I think we managed to get a FG out of that disastrous sequence to ultimately go up 2 scores and seal the game.

And Riley's first play was a disaster. I think Idlette came in motion and Riley didn't wait long enough for him to pass and the ball was snapped right into Idlette's back side. Luckily we recovered our second consecutive fumble. I think we managed to get a FG out of that disastrous sequence to ultimately go up 2 scores and seal the game.

It was a tie game (10-10) in the 3rd when Mauk got injured. As I recall it took a long time to get him off the field. But we did end up with a a FG to take a 13-10 lead.

Has anyone heard on where Nolan Groulx is transferring too or if he’s going to come back?

Only year I attended all away and home games—a very special year in sports!
And yes that OB ad at Duke game in W-S was the joke of the evening.

Conor is putting ot some interesting stuff in his camp reports. Team practiced at BB&T today. At least one potential pleasant surprise seems to be developing.

Surprised no "predict the record" thread yet. ODU, NSU, and Duke should be gimmees. Cuse is not good but can't take them lightly on the road. Clemson is Clemson. UNC, State, BC, FSU, all as good or better than last year. Ville, Army, and UVa all toss-ups. Hoping for an eight or nine-win regular season but it's going to be a huge challenge like always.

Back