• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Football Season

You guys are confident ODU fans are confident. I’m a bit nervous as we struggle with mobile qbs.

If we struggle to beat a team that last went 1-11 in 2019, we are in big trouble this season. I don't care if the QB is Hayden Wolff, the Wolf of Wall Street or the Big Bad Wolf. Deacs by thirty.

Defensive front 7 got pushed around some by very slow, plodding Wisconsin. So, dominate at the point of attack.

Hartman also threw 3 awful interceptions, so run the ball, and when we pass, pass it to our guys.

Do that and we should win a lot of games.

WE are going to boat race them tonight. We'll win something like 49-10 or 49-14. Our first sting defense won't give up more than 7 points.

We'll play at least 4 running backs.

Defensive front 7 got pushed around some by very slow, plodding Wisconsin. So, dominate at the point of attack.

Hartman also threw 3 awful interceptions, so run the ball, and when we pass, pass it to our guys.

Do that and we should win a lot of games.
I mean none of Wisconsin 3 top running backs averaged 4 yd a carry and combined for like 70 yd. That game was totally lost by the offense turning the ball over multiple times giving them free points and very short fields.

I expect the Wake defense to look rough in the early going. IDU hasn't played a game in a long time and has a new staff and a largely new roster. The new HC has never been a HC before.

Wake has no tape on ODU or this staff. It is unlikely he can do at ODU what he did at his previous stop (PSU). Wake D will almost have to be pretty standard and just reacting. I also expect some gadget/trick plays from ODU. This is their "superbowl" and opportunity for the new ODU staff to make a first impression. So I won't be surprised if Wake gives up som early scores.

On the other side, I expect the Wake Offfense to roll. I don't think ODU has the talent to stop the Wake offense. As long as Wake doesn't hurt itself with unforced errors, the ODU defense should be unable to stop the Wake offense.

The game should be a great learning experience for half-time adjustments on D. The Wake film guys will be working really fast to breakdown what ODU does.

I expect a tight, like 21-17 lead at half. Then Wake D figures it out and Wake goes up big before a late garbage time TD against Wake's third string gives a 49-24 final.

If we give up 17 first half points to ODU, Hemphill should not be allowed to walk back out of the tunnel (or into the box?). This year should be make or break for him, anyways.

If we give up 17 first half points to ODU, Hemphill should not be allowed to walk back out of the tunnel (or into the box?). This year should be make or break for him, anyways.

I could see giving up a TD on one of the first few possessions, but Wake should adjust fast. I don't expect it to look a lot different than Campbell. ODU might be better than Campbell, but if Wake is going to take a step forward, then the games should look the same.

I know it's game 1 and that brings nervousness, but come the fuck on guys...

This is going to be a bloodbath. ODU will be hard pressed to score 10 points all game. Creamy is pretty much on point and he's on point with the over/under and team totals with those predictions haha.

Yeah, I think people are still scarred from ULM, Tulane, Presbyterian, etc. where we struggled big time. But Clawson has built much more of a machine, with much more consistency and depth, since then. I'm talking myself into laying the 31 points. Thinking 52-10 could be the score. Our 2nd and even 3rd string offenses should be able to score, and we finally seem to have legit depth on defense.

Yeah, I think people are still scarred from ULM, Tulane, Presbyterian, etc. where we struggled big time. But Clawson has built much more of a machine, with much more consistency and depth, since then. I'm talking myself into laying the 31 points. Thinking 52-10 could be the score. Our 2nd and even 3rd string offenses should be able to score, and we finally seem to have legit depth on defense.

I've already jumped on the first half -19.

UCONN sat out last season, and got completely demolished by Fresno last weekend. This game will look like something along those lines.

Why do we rarely have Saturday season openers? Seems like last year was about the only one in recent memory.

Why do we rarely have Saturday season openers? Seems like last year was about the only one in recent memory.

Generally, Clawson likes to have an extra day to prepare for week 2. That said, WF plays Norfolk State next week; so, the extra day to prep shouldn't be as big of priority. Also, the ACCN wants programming on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. ESPN has the NC/VT game; so, the ACCN needed another Friday game.

ODU is not a good team at all. If we don't win by a lot, and I mean a LOT, we have problems.

If the good to great mantra has any meaning, we take over this game very early, play efficiently, play with purpose and play with confidence. Score is not that important, but if we are the team we think we are, it takes care of itself and ODU is beaten from the opening kick-off. Not very good can win this one for us.

I mean none of Wisconsin 3 top running backs averaged 4 yd a carry and combined for like 70 yd. That game was totally lost by the offense turning the ball over multiple times giving them free points and very short fields.

Hah. The stats don't lie I guess. I recall them pounding in short touchdowns, but you are right - very short fields after Hartman gave them the ball.

Soooooo....this year - no forced INT's, Hartman.

Back