• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Football Season

Wake is on a collision course with Clemson for hegemony in the division.

And the Clemson team that played GaTech did not look like the Clemson teams of the last few years. If Clemson has a game like that against Wake, I like Wake's chances to win.

I'm really looking forward to getting past this game so we can fret about beating UVa after they crush UNC.

Instead we can fret about UVA rebounding after the big loss to u*NC-CHeat.

FSU remaining schedule:

at Wake
Louisville
Syracuse
at UNC-CH
UMass
at Clemson
at NCSU
Miami
BC
Florida

It's hard to find six wins in that remaining schedule, especially if Wake isn't one of them.

Their first win will come at Syracuse, their second at UMass. There will likely be no more. Unfortunately, this diminishes the impact of our win last night.

FSU has enough talent they will have a game where it all clicks and they'll have a really nice win.

Predictions on:

Line vs UVA?
Any top 25 votes?

UVA will be favored but it will be close.

Predictions on:

Line vs UVA?
Any top 25 votes?

UVA will be favored but it will be close.

I’ll go with UVA -3.5.
Saw something that said at least 18 ranked teams will have lost through the first 3 weeks of the season. I think we might receive a vote or two. Win next Friday and we will be somewhere in that 30-35 range.

I guess we just ignore UVA just got the shit kicked out of them. Got 200 yards thrown on them in 10 minutes.

UVA can’t run the ball on offense and they aren’t good in any facet defensively. Armstrong is legit, but I like our corners, so if we can just keep him in check we should be ok. I 100% think Wake is a more complete team than UVA.

According to the Sagarin Predictor ratings, UVA would be a 4.5 point favorite. The lines come out this pm. FWIW, according to Sagarin's predictor ratings UGA and Bama are essentially even and then no other team in college football is within 3 points of either one.

According to the Sag Predictor Ratings, here are the current spreads for the rest of WF games:

WF at UVA (-4.5)
L'ville at WF (WF -5.5)
WF (-3) at Cuse
WF (-5) at Army
Duke at WF (-10)
WF at UNC (-10)
NC State (-1.5) at WF
WF at Clemson (-15)
WF at BC (-2.5)

If WF won all of the games it was favored in and lost all of the games that is a dog (neither will happen), WF would be 7-1 heading into the game at UNC, and then lose out to finish 7-5. Regardless, every game the rest of the way is both winnable and loseable. Will be fun to see how it plays out.

BTW, I hate the scheduling of the Army game. They are such a pain in the ass to play, completely different preparation than any other game on the schedule, and it will be let down to the play them in the middle of the ACC schedule.

Last edited:
We’ll probably have to go through both UGA and Bama, so screw it - let’s play Bama first. UGA will fold like a cheap suit with the pressure of being in the final.

I just hope we don’t get sent to the Cotton Bowl for the semi - BORING. NYE in Miami? Yes please.

80Deacon and inspectah have the early line pegged at UVA -30

LOL. Glad you got that post out of your system, Brad! Must have been tough to wait all night.

Seen lots of Wake letdowns over the years and it wasn't unreasonable to think another might have come yesterday against a desperate FSU team that it now seems is truly in disarray. Great win for the Deacs.

Third-generation Wake grad and 30-year member of the DC here, so you can take your snark and shove it, jackass.

Are we the oldest team in the ACC? Is Miles Fox our oldest player?

I think the UVA line, whatever it is, moves closer to Wake by kickoff. So assuming UVA -4.5, at kick it’s UVA -2.

UVA’s secondary has a ton of injury issues

Perry keeps rolling. He is looking like a better version of senior year Scotty Washington. Taller than anybody covering him and playing like it.

Roberson gets back to doing Roberson things.

Are we the oldest team in the ACC? Is Miles Fox our oldest player?

Miles Fox was in the same recruiting class as Sam Darnold.

Clawson and Higgins do a great job recruiting tall lightly recruited WRs and developing them. Perry is the latest to bloom. Expect Banks to be next.

Last edited:
Back