• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Football Season

Fuck Army. They got rolled in Afghanistan. Hit them in the mouth via Wake Air Force and we win by 30.

Only thing worse than playing a service academy is playing goddamn Liberty. Unfortunately next year we get both (and another if you count VMI).

Win out from here and we’re national Champions.

I know it’s not happening. (I actually think we lose to UVA Friday night. I hate the road games on a short week and their passing game looks scary.) But, if Wake did go undefeated, how confident are you that we make the playoff?

I know it’s not happening. (I actually think we lose to UVA Friday night. I hate the road games on a short week and their passing game looks scary.) But, if Wake did go undefeated, how confident are you that we make the playoff?

If any ACC team goes 13-0 I don’t think there’s a universe they get left out of the playoff. Maybe if none of the 13 wins were Clemson.

If any ACC team goes 13-0 I don’t think there’s a universe they get left out of the playoff. Maybe if none of the 13 wins were Clemson.

I think if there is an undefeated SEC team, undefeated Big Team such as Penn State, undefeated PAC-10 like Oregon and a one loss Bama or Georgia we could get screwed. Won't happen, but its nice to think about being in that situation at least.

ha, had this conversation with somebody at Wake's HOF reception Friday night.

Pertaining to Wake this year, if this happens it'd mean road wins at UNC and Clemson in November and unless both of them fall off cliffs in the next month and a half, those would be good enough wins to lift an unbeaten Wake into top 4.

I think if we went undefeated there is a 90% chance we make the playoff. But it’s not a guarantee.

I think if there is an undefeated SEC team, undefeated Big Team such as Penn State, undefeated PAC-10 like Oregon and a one loss Bama or Georgia we could get screwed. Won't happen, but its nice to think about being in that situation at least.

nah -- in a bizzaro world where this happens, Deacs are in the playoff

The College Football Playoff started with the 2014 season. That’s 7 playoff seasons, including last season.

Over that time, number of undefeated Power V conference teams that have not received a playoff bid is ZERO.

I think it would be really hard for a preseason or even Week 4 unranked ACC team to make it to the CFP. The SEC Champ is in. An undefeated or one-loss Big Ten champ is in. Undefeated ND/Cincy, OU, and Oregon are in. One loss to Bama in the SEC CG UGA is in. One loss to UF in the SEC CG Bama is in. UGA with one loss to UF is probably in too. Undefeated current #15 BYU isn't definitely in but may have a leg up on a currently unranked ACC team, especially if they beat a 9 or 10 win USC in their finale.

Now all of those aren't going to happen, but 4 of them happening is quite possible. Clemson and at least one other ACC win will have to carry significant weight to make leapfrog one of them.

Last edited:
Why shit on what we've done and what we've got in front of us by making wildly unreasltic bars?

Goals - reach bowl, reach tier I bowl, play for ACC championship, win it.

After that, let them fall as they may.

Only thing about this season that matters is a very tough Away game in a shortened week against a very good Virginia team. They will not make the FSU mistakes. They have a better coach, QB and program whether ESPN or ACC Network knows it or not. I like our chances if our guys stay focused.

Even if those teams had 1 loss and we were undefeated, we won't get in. Bama is automatic unless they really screw up, which they won't, and Georgia is approaching automatic and if they're 1 loss it's probably to Bama in the SEC championship game.

An undefeated Wake team would have wins over Clemson, UNC-CH, and the Coastal champion - maybe UNC-CH again. That would be the extent of the resume.

They would possibly be competing with undefeated conference champions including: Oklahoma, Oregon, Penn State/Michigan, Georgia/Alabama, and Cincinnati. If all of those teams were undefeated, I don't think Wake would get in. Now, that's not going to happen. If Wake goes undefeated, they will likely get in over a one-loss conference champion or runner-up.

The Cincy/ND game in two weeks will mercifully knock one of those teams out of the playoff race. The toughest game remaining on Cincy's schedule it at Tulane. Notre Dame plays Wisconsin this weekend and still has a few tough games left after that.

Back