• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Football Season

So do we know anything definitive about Walker? Losing him would be a big blow.

It's been repeated over a dozen times on multiple threads that he said he is returning.

It's been repeated over a dozen times on multiple threads that he said he is returning.

Okay thanks. I hadn’t seen anything directly from him but plenty of “they expect him to return” or similarly ambiguous statements that were giving me concern.

Being reported today that Kenneth Walker and Trey Rucker have entered the transfer portal.

Looks like Clark Lea is stealing the S&C coach from us

Curious move. Hourigan was with Clawson at BG and Richmond before WF, long-standing ties. Wonder if Lea was able to offer Hourigan substantial raise. Hourigan's SC assistant is Chad Bari. Wonder if he gets promoted or WF goes outside the program.

Time to bring former Deacon OL Joe Kenn home? Good college resume and prior NFL strength coach of the year with Panthers.

Was he the strength coach under Rivera?

Can we bring back the S&C under Caldwell when all the players were throwing up. Good times.

Yes, Kenn was with Rivera. Out with the Ruhle change. At Utah in college when Steve Smith was there...Boise State before that I think.

Not to sound too “well we didn’t want him anyway” as Claw always had high praise of Hourigan.

But could it be that Clawson puts some of our injury issues on Hourigan and wanted to switch it up, thus a mutual departure? I have wondered about what we are doing in our weight program that may contribute all our injuries.
Wondered the same thing about Horn under Manning and the Achilles injuries.

This seems like an odd and unfortunate departure. Vandy isn’t exactly a step up.

The transfer rule is a rich get richer rule. Protecting the NCAAs best programs during a pandemic. Had a feeling we’d take a big hit this year with transfers

Not to sound too “well we didn’t want him anyway” as Claw always had high praise of Hourigan.

But could it be that Clawson puts some of our injury issues on Hourigan and wanted to switch it up, thus a mutual departure? I have wondered about what we are doing in our weight program that may contribute all our injuries.
Wondered the same thing about Horn under Manning and the Achilles injuries.

There’s also a theory that our injuries are a function of the number of plays we run. More pots = more chances to get injured.

There’s also a theory that our injuries are a function of the number of plays we run. More pots = more chances to get injured.

Sure and our S&C should be getting our player’s bodies ready for that kind of load.

Back