• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Football Season

Don’t see his name on here though.

Yeah, Ethan Joyce has the Journal's vote. Which, I mean, he should. The only reason I got to keep voting last year was because I immediately got scooped up by the Raleigh/Charlotte papers and I had been a reliable voter. AP is really reluctant to switch voters during a season. Being "a guy with a Substack" when they were deciding who'd be voting this year was kind of an immediate DQ -- and in the future, I don't know that the Rivals tag is any better.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss parts of being a voter; but it's also a bit of a break, which means I don't miss it too much. Waking up every Sunday with a clock in my head of when to get my ballot done sucked sometimes.

Don't miss fans littering my @'s with "HOW STUPID ARE YOU DO YOU EVEN WATCH [insert random mid-west team]?"

While I appreciate the notice, it is such bullshit that the college football world is so stuck in the pre-established narrative that it is "not a great sign for the league as a whole" when teams like Wake and Boston College are good. Why doesn't the same apply to UNC? Wake and BC have as much football tradition as they do.

It is up to the entire WF network to prove that when WF wins it IS a good sign for the conference as a whole.

The only thing close to “flex” is if they announce that they’re going to wait 6 days to announce the time. This was announced 12:30 RSN so that’s what it is. Sucks.

I think that was what he meant by "flex".

ESPN already knew that UVA QB was going to throw for over 400 yards and move UVA up and down the field. That would lead to a nice UVA win and move Wake back to irrelevance. They didn't factor in that most of those yards would be between the 20 yard lines and that points would be scarce. They also gave Wake no credit for being able to score like they have been.

I'm not scared of Cunningham beating us. Redd should spy him and get a couple nice licks on him early.

I trust Carson and Ja'sir to take care of business and our DL will get the push needed.

45-28 Deacs. Game never in question. Clawson hates UL and will probably not take the foot off the breaks so early like he did against UVA and FSU.

UL will score a cheap one late to make the score look closer than it actually is.

I'm not scared of Cunningham beating us. Redd should spy him and get a couple nice licks on him early.

I trust Carson and Ja'sir to take care of business and our DL will get the push needed.

45-28 Deacs. Game never in question. Clawson hates UL and will probably not take the foot off the breaks so early like he did against UVA and FSU.

My list of things I'd like to see Clawson have his foot on all game probably runs something like this: 1. Gas, 2. Brakes, 3. Breaks.

I would like to see at least one trickeration play. Just a little reminder of what they stole from Wake a few years ago.

I would like to see at least one trickeration play. Just a little reminder of what they stole from Wake a few years ago.

There is literally no one left on Louisville's staff who was a part of that.

All of the "Clawson hates Louisville" talk here -- that died with Petrino's entire staff getting axed.

True. Maybe we will be going to style points from this point out. We might need them come end of season.

Frankly, we would be better served by going for style points whenever it's an option. Whether we're praying for 6-6 to drag ourselves into a bowl or we think we have a legit shot at taking the division, we need to do as much as we can to make the bowl selection committees ignore the letters on the side of the helmet, or at least care a little less about them. Winning games takes care of most of the problem, but we need to run it up when we can.

All of the "Clawson hates Louisville" talk here -- that died with Petrino's entire staff getting axed.

Can we just pretend like he still hates Louisville? It's more fun that way...

I, for one, would be content with another 20+ point win with a dominant 1st half and getting to the end of the game without further injuries.

Yeah, I agree with Conor here. Elrod deserves 95% of the blame for the fiasco.

Back