• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Football Season

Frankly, we would be better served by going for style points whenever it's an option. Whether we're praying for 6-6 to drag ourselves into a bowl or we think we have a legit shot at taking the division, we need to do as much as we can to make the bowl selection committees ignore the letters on the side of the helmet, or at least care a little less about them. Winning games takes care of most of the problem, but we need to run it up when we can.

Agreed. I think Norvell and Bronco are Clawson's only "friends" in the ACC, so maybe we will go ahead and curb stomp the rest of our schedule without being nice and running it up the middle for our last 4 possessions once the game is decided.

There is literally no one left on Louisville's staff who was a part of that.

All of the "Clawson hates Louisville" talk here -- that died with Petrino's entire staff getting axed.

I might be wrong on this - but aren't there 2 or 3 guys on UNC's staff who were involved with that whole thing? Feels like they're the new target for Clawson (if anyone).

Agreed. I think Norvell and Bronco are Clawson's only "friends" in the ACC.

Not so sure about this as Clawson and Dabo appear to be pretty chummy.

From a Clemson source of mine, I can vouch that Dabo gets along better with Clawson than any other coach in the ACC.

From a Clemson source of mine, I can vouch that Dabo gets along better with Clawson than any other coach in the ACC.

Dabo has gone out of his way to compliment our program and Clawson. I know it's self-serving to some extent, but I didn't hear any of that about NC State.

What are your thoughts on the Deacs this season? Think we are a legit team with ACC title upside? Think we'd hang 30 on UGA?

I still think we'll lose two or three conference games which will make winning the division difficult. Closing at Clemson and at BC is going to be tough.

I don't think Wake would hang 30 on Georgia. The number and the severity of hits the Georgia defense put on DJ Uiagalelei (6'4", 250 lbs) is not something you'd want to see Sam Hartman (6'1", 208 lbs) endure.

I still think we'll lose two or three conference games which will make winning the division difficult. Closing at Clemson and at BC is going to be tough.

I don't think Wake would hang 30 on Georgia. The number and the severity of hits the Georgia defense put on DJ Uiagalelei (6'4", 250 lbs) is not something you'd want to see Sam Hartman (6'1", 208 lbs) endure.

Wake's OL is better than Clemson's ...

Wake's OL is better than Clemson's ...

And not even close. CU's OL is trash. They can't run 40 yards against anyone and their poor QB is constantly on the move for his life. More concerning is UGA's inability to score against a CU defense that is not very deep and think we hang 30+ on easily.

I would imagine Clawson is cool with Babers, too.

Saturday 10/9
The following three games will kickoff at either 3 p.m. or 3:30 p.m. on ABC, ESPN, ESPN2 or ACC Network. Game times and network designations will be announced after the games of Oct. 2.

• Virginia @ Louisville
  • Florida State @ North Carolina
  • Wake Forest @ Syracuse
Confirmed Designations

• Georgia Tech @ Duke, 12:30pm ET on ACC RSN
  • Notre Dame @ Virginia Tech, 7:30pm ET on ACC Network

https://godeacs.com/news/2021/9/27/football-deacs-set-for-afternoon-matchup-at-syracuse.aspx

With four slots for three ACC games, I assume we're competing with another conference for the ABC slot.

I'm guessing we get ABC or ESPN if we beat Louisville and Cuse beats FSU. If we lose and UVa beats Miami, they get ABC or ESPN.

Last edited:
I might be wrong on this - but aren't there 2 or 3 guys on UNC's staff who were involved with that whole thing? Feels like they're the new target for Clawson (if anyone).

DC Jay Bateman was with Army and was part of the WakeyLeaks scandal. Assistant HC Lonnie Galloway, formerly of Wake Forest, was an assistant on Louisville staff and the 'connection' between Elrod and Petrino.

Overall, Tech and State played Clemson as well as UGA did. UGA just got a pick 6.

Saturday 10/9
The following three games will kickoff at either 3 p.m. or 3:30 p.m. on ABC, ESPN, ESPN2 or ACC Network. Game times and network designations will be announced after the games of Oct. 2.

• Virginia @ Louisville
  • Florida State @ North Carolina
  • Wake Forest @ Syracuse
Confirmed Designations

• Georgia Tech @ Duke, 12:30pm ET on ACC RSN
  • Notre Dame @ Virginia Tech, 7:30pm ET on ACC Network

https://godeacs.com/news/2021/9/27/football-deacs-set-for-afternoon-matchup-at-syracuse.aspx

With four slots for three ACC games, I assume we're competing with another conference for the ABC slot.

I'm guessing we get ABC or ESPN if we beat Louisville and Cuse beats FSU. If we lose and UVa beats Miami, they get ABC or ESPN.

Boise St. at BYU is the other game in the mix, and will be on either ABC or ESPN at 3:30pm.

And not even close. CU's OL is trash. They can't run 40 yards against anyone and their poor QB is constantly on the move for his life. More concerning is UGA's inability to score against a CU defense that is not very deep and think we hang 30+ on easily.

Possible w/out Skalski and Breese (sp?)

Last edited:
Back