• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Football Season

Boise St. at BYU is the other game in the mix, and will be on either ABC or ESPN at 3:30pm.

Thanks. Boise State hosts Nevada. BYU is at Utah State on Friday.

Updated future schedule WF point spreads based on Sagarin Predictor ratings (WF is up to #20 in the Sagarin Ratings -- only Clemson has a higher power rating among ACC teams):

WF (-7) at Cuse
WF (-4) at Army
Duke at WF (-13.5)
WF (+3) at UNC
State at WF (-1.5)
WF (+9.5) at Clemson
WF (-2.5) at BC

If WF won every game it is now expected to be favored and lost every game that it is expected to be a dog, the Deacs would finish 10-2.

I might be wrong on this - but aren't there 2 or 3 guys on UNC's staff who were involved with that whole thing? Feels like they're the new target for Clawson (if anyone).

Yes their Defensive coordinator who was at Army and their wr coach who was here at the time both were involved. I had followed the wr coach when he was here and every time he tries to post something I ask him if he’s giving away their playbook lol.

Lville is the same place that gave oxygen to the Bobby Petrino types in football and other sports. Whether or not Clawson has a direct animus for Lville is not critical to the animus our fans have and they'll let it be felt. Same goes for UNCCH for similar reasons. When your daughter betrays your admonitions and goes out with the thug in high school behind your back it doesn't change your view of the thug or the gang he's in just because it was your daughter who made it possible.

Lville is the same place that gave oxygen to the Bobby Petrino types in football and other sports. Whether or not Clawson has a direct animus for Lville is not critical to the animus our fans have and they'll let it be felt. Same goes for UNCCH for similar reasons. When your daughter betrays your admonitions and goes out with the thug in high school behind your back it doesn't change your view of the thug or the gang he's in just because it was your daughter who made it possible.

Correct. I don’t have a lot of regard for the whole institution and fan base regardless of who’s there at present. The institution let that happen.

It's mind-blowing to me that this is true considering how many kickoffs we've had go out of bounds this season. I mean Sciba is automatic, Morin has been really solid, and covering kickoffs/punts has been great, but still we've given the other team the ball on the 35 at least 4-5 times from OOB penalties.

I might be wrong on this - but aren't there 2 or 3 guys on UNC's staff who were involved with that whole thing? Feels like they're the new target for Clawson (if anyone).

hahaha yeah ... I was halfway into a question to Clawson in 2019 about UNC's Wakeyleaks offenders -- Jay Bateman and Lonnie Galloway -- when he cut me off and was pretty adamant that he'd moved forward.

Can confirm, Clawson and Dabo are pretty tight. I've said elsewhere that somebody could write a thesis on how other Atlantic coaches have approached Clemson/Dabo in the past 5-6 years; you've got Dave buddying up to Dabo, while the other Dave in this state made himself enemy No. 1.

It fascinates me which coaches get along with others. Clawson is friends with Mendenhall and Norvell; and as much as you people probably hate this, Dave has had good things to say about Mack because of his coaches film room experience with him (I think in Clem-ND CFP game). There are others in the league that Dave ... how to put this ... doesn't have the warmest of relationships with.

Another recipient of Elrod's "gifts" was Shane Beamer, now HC at South Carolina.

Thanks for the info Conor. I'd love to know more about the Clawson / Dave Cutcliffe relationship, which has always seemed cold at best.

Never got the feeling that Clawson and Satterfield are tight either.

Never got the feeling that Clawson and Satterfield are tight either.

I'll admit to not knowing all that much about their relationship. I know Clawson (and the entire team) was pissed about Jaboree Williams getting spat on at App during the 2017 game -- but it's not like that's Satterfield's fault.

Doubt Clawson is too fond of Fuente. Claw was pretty pissed about the water squirting incident at halftime of the 2019 game @ Lane. Also, just nobody really likes Fuente in general.

Doubt Clawson is too fond of Fuente. Claw was pretty pissed about the water squirting incident at halftime of the 2019 game @ Lane. Also, just nobody really likes Fuente in general.

Including his players

But again ... you aren't holding the opposing coach responsible for the actions of one idiot. I don't know if they're exchanging Christmas cards or anything, but I think there's more respect for Fuente than you'd think. Of the table (about 10 of us) that had dinner after his presser, the week of the opener, he seemed to be the only one who thought VT had a "good" chance to win that game.

When Clawson says VT is a well-coached team, it's not coachspeak bullshit.

Back