• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Football Season

I found this and thought I would share it.
It's the totals of 4 Athlon Pre-Season All ACC teams for each school. We fared pretty well.

Clemson 15
UNC 13
VT 11
NC State 11
Wake 10
Miami 10
BC 9
UVa 7
Syracuse 7
Pitt. 6
Louisville 4
FSU 4
GT 3
Duke 2

Just looking at transfers and potential impact:

RB Turner (Mich): was a 3-4 star recruit
OL Terrance Davis (MD): did not play for us last year; started 31/37 games at guard for MD

DT Pointer (ULM): had 7.5 TFL's for ULM
DE Vlain (Mich): was a 4* and UA High School All-American
CB Mustapha (Richmond): was AP 1st team all state in HS
CB Trujilo (Colo): made 7 starts at Colorado
DB (presume safety) Garnes (Navy): a backup; special teams most likely; assume he knows how to tackle well
DB (safety) Wingfield (Harvard): was 1st Team All-Ivy league

Last year:
Don Stewart (Stanford) WR - not much impact
Miles Fox (ODU) - really big impact; key player on DL

Random, but hopeful we get a boost from some of these guys.

Rover is more hybrid than it is a pure DB/LB and Garnes logged 104 snaps as a similar hybrid. He will be on the 2 deep for Rover

looks like week 0 and week 1 lines are out. A few notables...

Wake -32.5 vs ODU
VT +5.5 vs the greatest team ever assembled, UNC.
Duke -7 at Charlotte (Yikes)
Bama -18 vs Miami
Georgia +4 at Clemson
ND -9.5 at FSU

looks like week 0 and week 1 lines are out. A few notables...

Wake -32.5 vs ODU
VT +5.5 vs the greatest team ever assembled, UNC.
Duke -7 at Charlotte (Yikes)
Bama -18 vs Miami
Georgia +4 at Clemson
ND -9.5 at FSU

Duke was 2-9 last year and beat Charlotte 53-19.

ODU has not played a football game since November 30, 2019. They haven't won a football game since August 31, 2019. 11 straight losses. That said, in 2019, ODU played respectably against both UVA (28-17) and VT (31-17) that season. Then again, their roster may be completely different at this point. Really hard game to get a handle on. In recent years, when WF has had the chance to run it up on a bad opponent, they have done so. The high tempo offense leads to blow outs against weak teams.

for fuck's sake

Welp.

Roberson and Morin can't miss any time. And we HAVE to get production from another guy on the outside. Will Stewart, Perry or someone else step up?

Hard to imagine Stewart contributing in a meaningful way after last season, but we will see.

Where did Groulx end up transferring to?

Every F'ing year we get hit with some kind of bad injury news before the season starts. I know it happens to other teams, but every year.....:mad:

Jesus Christ, every fucking year

Every F'ing year we get hit with some kind of bad injury news before the season starts. I know it happens to other teams, but every year.....:mad:

Does it happen seemingly consistently every year due to offseason workouts?

God damn, those are brutal injuries before they even step on the field this year.

Does it happen seemingly consistently every year due to offseason workouts?

This is what I'm wondering about the type of injury.

I don't know why we lose so many guys in workouts... I haven't been an athlete in decades at this point, but that's really not supposed to happen as often as it seemingly happens to Wake Football players.

Per his Twitter, he's still uncommitted.

Sorry to be asking if already covered ad nauseam but first I have seen this. Is he definitely out or any chance he could stay. Seems now knowing he would likely get major PT with Greene out could sway him unless bridges badly burned?

Sorry to be asking if already covered ad nauseam but first I have seen this. Is he definitely out or any chance he could stay. Seems now knowing he would likely get major PT with Greene out could sway him unless bridges badly burned?

I can't think of anyone in recent years that has come back after entering the portal. Clawson doesn't strike me as a guy who would want a guy who entered the portal back anyways.

That being said, when guys enter the portal from Wake you have to take into account that it's sometimes for reasons other than football.

Back