• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Football Season

One thing I noticed walking around the stands is there aren’t that many Hartman jerseys worn by fans, Skinner is still the most popular jersey, I think that changes soon

Those are Miles Fox jerseys thank you.

I don't think Wake jumps Michigan. Close loss on the road to a top ten team. something something pre-season rankings something something. If Wake can hang a big number on Carolina next week, I wouldn't be surprised if Wake were then able to jump some of those one loss teams. Very curious to see what happens if Ohio State loses to Penn State, though.

Last edited:
I don't think Wake jumps Michigan. Close loss on the road to a top ten team. something something pre-season rankings something something. If Wake can hang a big number on Carolina next week, I wouldn't be surprised if Wake were then able to jump some of those one loss teams. Very curious to see what happens if Ohio State loses to Penn State, though.

I agree. But who is the best team Michigan and/or Michigan State have beaten? 5-3 Wisconsin? 4-4 Miami? 4-4 Rutgers?

Are those teams any better than 6-2 Virginia, 5-4 Syracuse, or 4-4 Louisville?

I hope the CFP committee is asking these questions.

Everything is right in front of us and we control our own destiny. Win out and the fun begins.

Here is a look at the competition:

Undefeated teams:

Georgia (8-0) - Most dominant team in the country. Big wins over mediocre to good teams. Undisputed #1.

Oklahoma (8-0) - Barely beat some weak teams. Got their first decisive win over a team with a winning record today vs. Texas Tech.

Michigan State (8-0) - Solid wins against mediocre to bad teams. Beat Michigan but both have a similar profile.

Wake Forest (8-0) - Some good wins against mediocre teams and close wins against mediocre teams. No real bad wins. We were TD favorites over Louisville and Cuse and lost by 3.

Cincinnati (8-0) - Signature win over ND. Lots of wins over bad teams.

San Diego State (7-0) - Close wins against bad teams. Getting beat 17-0 by Frenso State now.

UTSA (8-0) - Wins over bad teams.

One-loss P5 teams

Baylor (7-1) - Their biggest wins vs. Iowa State and Texas don't look great. BYU is still a solid win.

Oklahoma State (7-1) - Signature win over Baylor but a tough loss to Iowa State.

Ohio State (7-1) - Big wins against bad teams. Lost to Oregon. Beat Penn State whose resume is fine but not special.

Michigan (7-1) - Some close or decent wins against mediocre teams. Lost the first big game of the year.

Oregon (7-1) - Beat Ohio State, but lost to 3-4 Stanford. Hard to balance that quality win with a bad loss.

Alabama (7-1) - Some good wins against some solid teams. Loss to 6-2 A&M isn't that bad.

Notre Dame (7-1) - Tight games against bad to mediocre teams. Best win may be USC or UNC.

Undefeated teams that clearly should be ranked ahead of Wake: Georgia
One-loss teams that should be ranked ahead of Wake: Alabama, Oregon, Ohio State
Undefeated teams that should be ranked slightly ahead of Wake: Oklahoma, Michigan State, Cincinnati
One-loss teams that should be ranked slightly behind Wake: Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, Baylor, Michigan
Undefeated teams that should be ranked behind Wake: SDSU, UTSA

So I've got us at #8.

We are witnessing Wake football history.

Congrats to everyone involved, including all of us. These are unprecedented times, and I hope everything realizes this, and enjoys the moment.

Wake 3 pt dogs at UNC. 4.5 point dogs on another site. What am I missing ?

Other than watching UNC today and hating how many times their QB is gonna drop back and run for 15

Last edited:
Margin of victory vs. FBS opponents
FBS opponents records vs. FBS opponents (besides that undefeated team)
FBS opponent with the best record vs. FBS opponents (besides that undefeated team)

Georgia - 31.3 pts, .620 record - Auburn and UK 5-1
Wake - 18.7 pts, .500 record - Virginia 5-2
Michigan State - 12.1 pts, .489 record - Michigan 7-0
Cincinnati - 21.3 pts, .432 record - Notre Dame 7-0
Oklahoma - 11.5 pts, .373 record - Kansas State 4-3

A few notes:

The only teams Michigan State has played with a winning record vs. FBS opponents are Michigan and Miami. A loss seems inevitable between Purdue, Ohio State, and Penn State. By comparison, Wake has played three teams with a winning record vs. FBS opponents, Virginia, Syracuse, and Army.

Oklahoma has played four teams with with losing records vs. FBS opponents, Tulane and Kansas are 0-6. Nebraska and TCU have 2 wins each. By comparison, Wake has only played two teams with losing records vs. FBS opponents, ODU and Duke.

Last edited:
Wake 3 pt dogs at UNC. 4.5 point dogs on another site. What am I missing ?

Other than watching UNC today and hating how many times their QB is gonna drop back and run for 15

That’s fine - I want us to be dogs at UNC- gives us more bulletin board material

Back