• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Football Season

But wont everyone have a bunch of people back since every school did not have to count the year towards eligibility?

True about the additional players. However, they are more meaningful at Wake where there usually aren't three playable guys behind each starter. This season, with the super seniors, Wake should have a competent three deep. That is important for closing out games. Starters/ key reserves get a break in the late game without too much of a talent dropoff.

You guys understand that they used this wolf on many of their logos in the 80's right? this is nothing new, just like us using on of our throwback Deacon heads.

also, I joined this message board back in 2007, I have no idea why it says 2017 with only 5 posts.

You guys understand that they used this wolf on many of their logos in the 80's right? this is nothing new, just like us using on of our throwback Deacon heads.

also, I joined this message board back in 2007, I have no idea why it says 2017 with only 5 posts.

Before we migrated to this new board, perhaps?

Yeah and players used to wear leather helmets, doesn't mean those should be brought back.

No, this is who you are now. Embrace the newness and forget your previous posts, much like how NC State should forget their old logos.

This board came into existence March 2011. Nobody has a join date earlier than Mar 2011.

You may have joined a different Wake message board in 2007. The other boards have undergone multiple name and ownership changes over the years.

ACC preseason predictions - WF with the standard 5th in division prediction:

Atlantic
Clemson
NC State
BC
FSU
WF
Louisville
Cuse

Coastal
UNC
Miami
VT
Pitt
UVA
GT
Duke

ACC preseason predictions - WF with the standard 5th in division prediction:

Atlantic
Clemson
NC State
BC
FSU
WF
Louisville
Cuse

Coastal
UNC
Miami
VT
Pitt
UVA
GT
Duke

They could put Catawba's team in FSU jerseys and the media would still pick FSU ahead of us.

FSU has the talent and a coach with a record to be 2nd, but will they ever recover to their previous glory?

I mean... Do they?

I don't see them reaching 6 wins this season.

Yeah I agree. I mean it's all cliche to say a blue blood program that is down still has all this talent, but how many years to they have to underachieve until people realize they really don't still have all that talent?

FSU hopes rest on McKenzie Milton returning to the form he displayed UCF in 2017. During the 2018 season, Milton almost lost his leg to a horrific injury and two plus years of subsequent surgeries with related complications. McKenzie hasn't taken a snap in almost 3 years, and at 5-10, his game was premised on his legs. Maybe, Milton doesn't miss a beat, but he is massive question mark on a team and coaching staff full of question marks. Also, FSU's schedule this year is brutal:

OOC games against Florida and ND. Their cross over opponents are Miami and UNC. Based upon current power rating FSU would be favored in only 4 or at most 5 of their games.

Second place in the Atlantic and a New Year’s Six bid is wide open.

Yeah I agree. I mean it's all cliche to say a blue blood program that is down still has all this talent, but how many years to they have to underachieve until people realize they really don't still have all that talent?

Well, they continue with great recruiting results.

Luiji Vilain

Hadn't heard much about him yet but don't be surprised if he has a very good year. A 4 Star DE/DL out of h.s. with offers from USC, UGa, Tex A&M, Miami, Nebraska, in addition to Michigan.

Back