• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Football Season

Anything less than 8-4 reg season would be disappointment. Anything over 9-3 would be one the best seasons in our history. Going to be a fun one. I think we are going to see an impressive defense for the first time since some of Clawson's first couple years.

One comment from Clawson that I was happy to see is that 126 out of 129 football players are vaccinated. And that three unvaccinated had valid reasons. Good news on two counts. 1. Almost everybody is vaccinated. 2. Wake has 129 players on the roster. That sounds like a '60s or 70's Oklahoma or Nebraska size roster.

The guy I was most looking forward to watching this season was Greene. I think the dude has the potential to be a legitimate pro. At least we know we will have him next season when Roberson graduates and heads to the NFL.

The guy I was most looking forward to watching this season was Greene. I think the dude has the potential to be a legitimate pro. At least we know we will have him next season when Roberson graduates and heads to the NFL.

Agreed, having two potential elite WRs and now one. Greene probably had the best pro potential of any WRs. Jaquarii will need to find the right system. Greene’s abilities translate to the pros more than any receiver we’ve had.

Agreed, having two potential elite WRs and now one. Greene probably had the best pro potential of any WRs. Jaquarii will need to find the right system. Greene’s abilities translate to the pros more than any receiver we’ve had.

Roberson now becomes a guy Wake can't afford to lose.

Looks like a 1930's cartoon character. Just stick with Tuffy and don't overthink this, Pack. Here is Disney's Three Little Pigs from 1933:
threelilpigs-wolf-model.jpg

Who is it? I can’t make out the picture.

James Ash, Fr D-line guy. From Florida. This is really late for transferring. Because it is after July 1, I don't think he will be able to play this season whereever he lands.

Why are we playing at Carolina again this year?

Hard to believe we lost that game there last year being up 42 - 24 with about 20 minutes left in the game, as I recall. DC needed to step up. He adjusted great in first half. Maybe D just got tired. Or O wasn't creative enough down the stretch to hold on to the ball. Lots of O that day.

Last edited:
Why are we playing at Carolina again this year?

Hard to believe we lost that game there last year being up 42 - 24 with about 20 minutes left in the game, as I recall. DC needed to step up. He adjusted great in first half. Maybe D just got tired. Or O wasn't creative enough down the stretch to hold on to the ball. Lots of O that day.

Last year was an odd scheduling year due to covid. This year is the return trip for the home and home non conference game.

D was super thin. They had zero depth last year for all kinds of reasons. One of the issues in that game was Wake completely abandoned the run game in the second half. After some quick 3 and outs, the defense was gassed and couldn't have stopped Gardner Webb.

That loss was one more verse of the old song that Wake doesn't have enough quality depth on defense, especially the defensive line. This year, with the sixth year "super seniors," maybe that will change.

New NC State football helmets announced... they're calling it THE SLOBBERING WOLF

e480ba5d627d05e4082b9343a86c239b.jpg

That loss was one more verse of the old song that Wake doesn't have enough quality depth on defense, especially the defensive line. This year, with the sixth year "super seniors," maybe that will change.

But wont everyone have a bunch of people back since every school did not have to count the year towards eligibility?

Back