• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Football Season

If I set the O/U for number of catches by TEs this season at 20, who takes the over?

I'll go over. In 2019 there were 43 catches by a TE. Last year there were 10. I think in a normal year, we will use the TE like usual. We had a good running game in 2020, but this season I see a more balanced offense with Green and Roberson emerging.

Under, unless one of two things happens:

- Roberson gets hurt, meaning they need to spread targets over the middle, or
- Chapman gets hurt, meaning Blake Whiteheart and/or Cam Hite get the bulk of TE snaps.

Even Roberson getting hurt might not equal more catches for TEs because of how highly they speak of Ke'Shawn Williams, and Taylor Morin would likely move back into the slot.

Chapman said something to me in a spring interview about wanting to be used more in the passing game, and while that's a good idea in theory ... he hasn't shown a skillset anywhere close to Jack Freudenthal (32 of those catches in '19) when he's been in there.

I bring it up, because: A. we have recruited TE pretty heavily recently and B. with Roberson and Greene getting alot of the attention from defenses, it could open up the short and intermediate game for TEs. Also Cam Serigne was able to find a role in this offense, so it is not unheard of.

But in reality, it probably means more catches by Morin as Conor pointed out.

ACC Regular season win totals (via DraftKings):

OOC Games and ACC crossover games provided.

WF 6.5 (over -134/ under +105) ODU, Norfolk State, @ UNC; Duke and @ UVA

Clemson 11.5 -- UGA (in CLT), SC State, UCONN, S Carolina; @ Pitt and GT
UNC 10 -- GA State, @ ND, Wofford, WF; @ NC State and FSU
Miami 9.5 -- Bama (in the GA Dome), App. State, Michigan State, Central CT; NC State and @ FSU
L'ville 7 -- Ole Miss (in the GA Dome), EKU, UCF and @KY; @ Duke and UVA
BC 7 -- Colgate, UMASS, @ Temple, Missouri; VT and @ GT
Pitt 7 -- UMASS, at TN, W. Michigan, New Hampshire; Clemson and @ Cuse
VT 7 -- MTSU, @ WV, Richmond, ND; Cuse and @ BC
NC State 6 -- USF, @ Miss State, Furman, LA Tech; @ Miami and UNC
UVA 6 -- W&M, Illinois, @ BYU, ND; WF and @ L'ville
FSU 5.5 -- ND, J'ville State, UMASS, Florida; @ UNC and Miami
GT 5 -- NIU, Kennesaw State, @ ND; UGA; @Clemson and BC
Duke 3.5 -- @ Charlotte, NC A&T, NW, KS; @WF and L'ville
Cuse 3 -- @ Ohio, Rutgers, Albany, Liberty; @ VT and Pitt

ND 9: @FSU, Toledo, Purdue, Wisconsin (in Chicago), Cincy, @ VT, USC, UNC, Navy, @ UVA, GT, Stanford

Early leans:

Clemson under (they just need to lose one; you win if Clemson loses to UGA in the opener, and Clemson either loses or almost loses to one random team almost every year: BC last year, Cuse, Pitt)
Miami under (they will lose the opener, and don't see Miami going 10-1 the rest of the way)
Pitt over (they have 5 automatic wins: UMASS, W. Michigan, NH, Duke and @ Cuse; the rest of their schedule isn't that daunting, and they only need to go 3-4 to get to 8)
FSU under (how do they get to 6 wins? Will be big dogs against ND, @ UF, @ Clemson, @ UNC; don't see FSU going 6-2 in their remaining games)
Duke over (they crushed Charlotte last year, A&T is a bunny, and KS doesn't have a FB program right now; the Devils only need to win one other game to get to 4)

ND over (realize they lost a lot, but they only play 3 true road games all year, and should be favored in all 3; there is no game on the schedule that they can't win).

BTW, how bad is the perception of the Cuse program that their win total is 3, and their OOC schedule is Ohio, Albany, Rutgers and Liberty?

Last edited:
I'm hammering the under 10 for UNC and the over 3.5 for Duke.

Yea, I thought the same thing a few years back on Clemson. Thought I was golden when they opened at Texas A & M and also when they lost Trevor vs Cuse. After that they went into absolute kill mode for the rest of the season. So, I will never take a clemson under again haha.

Agree on the UNC under. They are getting a ton of hype because Howell returned and he may go #1 next year, but they lost their playmakers from last year's team (both RBs -- Williams and Carter, and their top two WRs - Brown and Newsome); their defense sucked last year, and they lost their best defensive player in Suratt. Don't see the Heels winning at ND in late October, and then, they just need to lose one other for a push. WF shoud've beaten them last year, and the Deacs return a better team.

Draft Kings lose Army from the Wake OOC schedule?

Maybe I’m just being too optimistic here. I don’t think the NCAA is going to completely screw over HS kids. Coaches will likely be able to have over 85 players on scholarship until last year’s freshmen age out. Coaches can also push less productive true seniors to grad transfer.

The coaches who aggressively recruit now will benefit greatly with good young teams. We can be pretty sure the NCAA isn’t going to lead on this and they’ll do whatever they can not to harm the top programs.

Last edited:
'To illustrate the issue college coaches across the country are facing, Clawson stands in front of the recruiting board amid Wake Forest’s gleaming new football facilities".
What do we have that's "new"?

Isn’t the weight room facility basically brand new?

'To illustrate the issue college coaches across the country are facing, Clawson stands in front of the recruiting board amid Wake Forest’s gleaming new football facilities".
What do we have that's "new"?

I doubt this was an in-person interview. Clawson probably said the facilities were new and the author went with it. Clawson doesn't get many national stories. A national story on recruiting is a good way to promote the program to recruits.

I'm hammering the under 10 for UNC and the over 3.5 for Duke.

Yea, I thought the same thing a few years back on Clemson. Thought I was golden when they opened at Texas A & M and also when they lost Trevor vs Cuse. After that they went into absolute kill mode for the rest of the season. So, I will never take a clemson under again haha.

I think the same thing. They lost far too much to get 10 wins and just because they have Sam Howell, he has to have weapons to go to. Plus their defense sucks. On the other hand to play devils advocate, the their division doesn't have much as UVa, VT, Duke & GT will all be wins. Pitt could be a little tougher and Miami is by far the best of the rest but still not fond of their coach & his skill level.

I really like the over on our 6.5 win total. We have a great schedule and our division is also weak as water and we return a very good team with tons of weapons!

I think the same thing. They lost far too much to get 10 wins and just because they have Sam Howell, he has to have weapons to go to. Plus their defense sucks. On the other hand to play devils advocate, the their division doesn't have much as UVa, VT, Duke & GT will all be wins. Pitt could be a little tougher and Miami is by far the best of the rest but still not fond of their coach & his skill level.

I really like the over on our 6.5 win total. We have a great schedule and our division is also weak as water and we return a very good team with tons of weapons!

I would agree with this. The list of six games is five very winnable and a dog fight. Add Army, which is also an OOC game and that gives 6 games on which Wake should be favored. Wake should get at least two more wins in the division. That leaves some margin for over 6.5 games win total.

Isn’t the weight room facility basically brand new?

Yes, the indoor practice facility and weight room are "relatively" new. The quality and scale of the Athletic facilities in our campus setting is very impressive. Drive thru campus if you haven't been there in the last 18 months.

This isn't a perfect fit for this thread, but in lieu of starting a new thread for it ...

I've got some old-ish games on the DVR that I'm planning on doing film reviews of this summer -- if enough people enjoy them. So:

Film review of the 2017 Belk Bowl

Just looking at transfers and potential impact:

RB Turner (Mich): was a 3-4 star recruit
OL Terrance Davis (MD): did not play for us last year; started 31/37 games at guard for MD

DT Pointer (ULM): had 7.5 TFL's for ULM
DE Vlain (Mich): was a 4* and UA High School All-American
CB Mustapha (Richmond): was AP 1st team all state in HS
CB Trujilo (Colo): made 7 starts at Colorado
DB (presume safety) Garnes (Navy): a backup; special teams most likely; assume he knows how to tackle well
DB (safety) Wingfield (Harvard): was 1st Team All-Ivy league

Last year:
Don Stewart (Stanford) WR - not much impact
Miles Fox (ODU) - really big impact; key player on DL

Random, but hopeful we get a boost from some of these guys.

Back