• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Football Season

Pilchard

Reaction score
According to the Future Football Schedule site, the WF OOC schedule for next season is set:

09/04 - Old Dominion
09/11 - Norfolk State
09/25 - at North Carolina
10/23 - at Army

The UNC game is an OOC game, and is the 2nd of the home and home series that started with the UNC at WF game in 2019.

Don't think the ACC announced how it will handle the change in scheduling due to COVID.

Previously, the ACC's planned game rotation for WF in 2021 was:

Home: Florida State, Louisville, NC State, Duke
Road: Boston College, Clemson, Syracuse, Virginia

If the ACC uses the planned 2020 rotation which was scrapped, WF's ACC schedule would be:

Home: Boston College, Clemson, Syracuse, Miami (FL)
Road: Florida State, Louisville, NC State, Duke

Obviously, playing a full 2021 season is dependent upon the status of the pandemic as ODU and Norfolk State cancelled their 2020 season, and caused an overhaul of the ACC schedule.

As previously reported, looks like WF will return essentially everyone from this year's team other than Boogie (fwiw, while I hope he stays, I can understand why Jaquarii Roberson would at least consider his NFL options; not sure how a college receiver could have had a better year, with the exception of Devonta Smith). Also, WF will add transfers at DB from Harvard and Navy, and Terrance Davis on the o-line. Given the schedule and the returning talent, expectations are high for next year.

Anything less than 8 regular wins should be considered a letdown.

If we can execute on offense every game looks competitive/winnable except Clemson.

We'll get a look at the holes that will be left on both sides of the ball for the Tar Heels on Saturday night.

Miami is losing a couple of NFL guys on the DL, if we wind up playing them; but D'Eriq King will be back.

If we can execute on offense every game looks competitive/winnable except Clemson.

We'll get a look at the holes that will be left on both sides of the ball for the Tar Heels on Saturday night.

Miami is losing a couple of NFL guys on the DL, if we wind up playing them; but D'Eriq King will be back.

If you had to call it now and your life is depending on it...Who wins more games next season, Deacs or Dawgs?

FWIW, Roberson announced he's coming back.

That is good news for Wake. I would think he would at least explore what his NFL draft position might be.

Could he be one of the "other guys" doing stuff if Wake holds a pro day for Boogie, Sage et al. and not jeopardize his eligibility?

Yeah I like Hartman and I think he's a top-5 ACC QB. Having said that, if there's a more talented QB who wants to transfer in for a year and play with a great group of receivers, we should take him in a heartbeat.

If you had to call it now and your life is depending on it...Who wins more games next season, Deacs or Dawgs?

Dawgs. They will play a number of games that won't be particularly competitive, whereas every conference game Wake plays looks to be competitive going in. Georgia will probably play and win 6 games between opening with Clemson and playing Florida on 10/30. If they're anything less than 7-1 heading into November, with games against Auburn, Charleston Southern, and Ga Tech coming up, the season is a disaster. They're supposed to play Arkansas from the SEC West next season instead of Alabama.

I forgot they open with Clemson. That game is huge. Win it and UGA has an inside track at the playoffs.

As always the key for us is to stay healthy. If we do next year, we could be really really good!

The most exciting part for me is watching 25 year old Miles Fox just manhandle a bunch of 18/19 year olds.

Any other updates on King’s knee injury? I only saw highlights from the game but they said he was on crutches.

So do we know anything definitive about Walker? Losing him would be a big blow.

So we get to make a trip to Cuse for the third straight year and to UNC for the 2nd straight year.

Who will be our quarterback? the guy who threw 4 interceptions in a row yesterday?

Back